Giving a helping hand to the novice with beach detecting.....A find that might be out of this world........

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaltwaerTreasure. you should try swing your coil a different way. I myself do not swing my coils when i am walking. I also swing both ways before i move !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SaltwaerTreasure. you should try swing your coil a different way. I myself do not swing my coils when i am walking. I also swing both ways before i move !!
So by reading what you wrote you stand in one spot swing both ways-then move stop-swing both way?
That's really different-

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The person detecting needs to slow down the pace, and the swinging of the coil.
Look at the video and the swinging of the coil they're doing ZZZZ/WWW type of swings.
Missing more than what is being covered by the coil.

Remember it's not a race to cover an acre of beach in a few minutes of detecting.
Sure there's the chance of recoveries is warranted , but the success of hunting anywhere is taking the time and swinging the coil where the coil is overlapping the previous coil swing by a little bit.
Ya it takes so long to cover that acre-but the recoveries will be significantly better.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So by reading what you wrote you stand in one spot swing both ways-then move stop-swing both way?
That's really different-
Depending on the machine your using and how fast the processor is. Take a good coin target and a rusty nail lay them close together. Swing so you hit the coin first. Then swing so you hit the nail first then the coin. If they are close enough together the Nail will not recover fast enough to see the coin

I move a half coil at a time forward

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i am doing a ring recovery I Check ALL THE AREA !. When people are walking they mist a lot of area . They are usually doing a Z Search

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hate to discourage saltwatertreasure from making more videos, but, he definitely didn't live up to his screen name on this one. If he's serious about beach hunting and videoing it, I suggest a better detector with a bigger coil, not getting too close to bathers, use a proper finds pouch, and getting a good quality sand scoop for recoveries. Videos like this one will turn people off to seeing more of your videos. Sorry, but, it's just too boring....

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hate to discourage saltwatertreasure from making more videos, but, he definitely didn't live up to his screen name on this one. If he's serious about beach hunting and videoing it, I suggest a better detector with a bigger coil, not getting too close to bathers, use a proper finds pouch, and getting a good quality sand scoop for recoveries. Videos like this one will turn people off to seeing more of your videos. Sorry, but, it's just too boring....
+
Boy Cuda you read my mind

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread