1st day out with new GT,,Gold!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll

Attachments

• gt 1st.jpg
    gt 1st.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 939
Upvote 0

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Nice ring, congrat's on the find, GT is the way to go.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find....What coil are you using Dixie?

OP
OP
Dixie Digger

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
Treasure_Hunter said:
Nice find....What coil are you using Dixie?
i use the S12 on wet/dry sand and stock 10" in water.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find for the first time out. I see you like multiple detector lines also. I really like messing with varieties of manufacturers too. Good luck with the GT in the future.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dixie, using new detectors is sure a lot of fun isn't it? Nice ring for first one with GT. :hello2:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring.....Matt

Sandhunter

Greenie
Nov 11, 2008
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, PI Pro, Sovereigh GT, Whites Prism 3
Dixie Digger said:
not big but 14K and 3 small diamonds.new GT worked great!

I just picked a Sov GT as well and haven't had the chance to get out yet. If you used it on the beach, I'd like to know the settings that you used.

Thanks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If interested here are the settings I use on Florida beaches.................

Set your sensitivity till it is stable, usually between 10 and 2 if you look at the knob as a clock. It is important detector is stable, you will get fantastic depth even at the 3-4 o'clock setting, combined with a WOT coil I have dug 16 inches.

Set the discrimination to 0 (all the way counter clock wise). I dont use descrimination as you are masking gold many times..

Set Iron Mask to Discrimination on.

Set Threshold switch to Threshold (On silent search you adjust the threshold then switch to silent search, you will hear targets but not the humm of the threshold. I have tested it for hours and never seen it miss a target when used, but that is just my testing) I tested it by hunting an area in silent search, then switched it off and hunt the same area again to see if I missed anything.....

Track / Fix / Pinpoint Switch.....I use Fix, on track it only works in all metal. I never use pinpoint, no need, just X the target, or use the toe or heal of coil to locate. In Discriminate mode the Sovereign GT uses auto track.

Noise Cancel is used if the the threshold becomes chattery or unstable, usually caused by electricity or radio transmission and
most commonly of all, other detectors. This gives you the option of selecting a different search band,which many times will overcome this effect. (Like a freq shifter)

Notch is used to filter out certain trash targets, I personally don't use it as you will also be filtering out some gold. At the beach you want to dig all......Bottle caps give off a certain signal, but corroded, bent and old tops give off a different signal. I personally would rather dig 50 caps then mess one diamond ring....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions