1st GOLD FIND FOR THE TOWcritter!

TOWcritter

I was running the electric for my new Jacuzzi and I needed a few washers. So I pulled out an old parts box from my Maintainence man days in hopes of finding some. While looking through it something shiny caught my eye and out pops this!

N.D.B.C. stands for National Duckpin Bowling Congress. It also has 200 engraved on the ball in the middle. Thats a pretty high score for duckpins I think. I have no recollection of finding it, but I must have gotten it at my old job. (12 years ago!) It is solid gold with no jewlers marks and man is it heavy. It weighs just under 1 ounce. I always figured that sooner or later I would find a ring or bracelet or some other gold jewelry, but not in an old junk box in my own house!
And I didn't even use the MXT. Go figure.

Attachments

• Bowling pin (Small).JPG
    Bowling pin (Small).JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Now thats what I call the Luck TowCritter. You really think its solid. That is a great piece. I never even heard of duck ....Bowling??? Wild Story. Did you ever find the washers. ??? LOL

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Way to go Tow. I thought maybe you had dug it up with the scoop I sent you ;D Bet it was a nice surprise for ya anyway.
I've played duck pins before.....and take a guess where......Maryland 8) I've got an aunt and uncle that live in Pasadena?....right off the bay. My grandmother and I used to ride Amtrak up there to see them....ages ago now....back when the Orioles were hot. One night my uncle and I had went to see them play the Yanks and on the way home he stopped at a duckpin alley.....more so to quench his thirst I believe. Its a cool game...the ball is alot easier to heft than a regular bowling ball for sure.

OP
OP
TOWcritter

TOWcritter

Yea, Floater its SOLID! You can see where it was cast. Pretty cool.

Zeke, The O's are in 1st place my man. And yea, I think duckpin bowling originated in Baltimore.
It's still a pretty hot Friday night date for the older crowd.

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
That's pretty neat Towcritter, Any kt markings on it?

Floater, you never heard of duckpin bowling?
Is it just a local thing here in Maryland?

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Awesome find! Makes me wana go out to my garage and start diggin around lol. Good luck on your next hunt!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Towcritter,

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really nice find!... :D .... I never heard of Duckpin bowling either.... ???

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread