1st gold?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey found my first gold today at a school i been hitting off and on for a few weeks was in the parking area were the plows push all the snow off to the sides only one problem its so smashed an scratched up cant see ne karat markings etc.,but its heavy for such a small ring and broke in a few spots not plated so will leave the doubter in me to say who knows not getting my hopes up had a stone in it,thats gone oh well next time! >:(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine is in the foil/nickel area 4-5 in disc.i have a troy x5 was the second pass of the area 1st to clean out the clad.second pass to play with the settings ive been reading up on,was just under the grass off the pavement a few inchs.second ring from the school diff. area tho 1st one was a silver snake ring from SIAM very cool came,out of the ground coiled to strike!pulled it out from the groung wrapped around the probe i use.

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had better! ;D

R

rvbvetter

Sounds like gold. If it was plated it would read higher. More towards silver. WTG!! HH

C

chaazz

Congratulations. Still looking for my first gold anything. Have found one silver ring though.

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey thankx all just got luckt more then ne thing was just below the grass
X5 said "HEY,ITS ON TOP THE GROUND STOOP EDD"very load tone and vco pipoint screaming,just keep looking its around!bumped the disc. from disc 8/coins to 4/gold range and found the usual gum wrappers ,foil,alum.slaw,then used the zinc/nickel toggle silent on both sides either iron or gold found most the iron 1st pass nuts bolts pencil tops pens tuned it down.then got a few spots that didnt come up first time,diff. junk then BOOM no digging the best part parted the grass probed a little and WOW.so thats my story,so ill keep looking will find more there im sure cant wait till the dry out and rack the crap out from the bleachers and work it for class rings etc tons of foil and othe junk!few weeks ago lowbatts can attest to that he was like "forget this place you can have it"!then we went a scouted a few spots few towns over so the day was not a total waste.

R

rvbvetter

dekalb; Thats a pretty good idea you got about raking the bleachers. I've known about that idea, and filed it away in my head. But apparently i was never able to retrieve the file. Hadn't thought about it in a long time. No telling how much more you'll find after raking. Good Thinking! WTG! HH

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yah what are they going to do kick me out for cleaning up the mess they dont want to bother with?beside i dont think theyll give me grief ill be doing them a favor by cleaning this up,not to mention a large magnet,lots of nuts and bolts from bleacher work.besides if i clean it up i can keep coming back and have a good amount of the trash gone and easier to find stuff, maybe even get some feedback on some other spots to hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread