1ST NEW YEAR SILVER

ROMEX

Apr 8, 2007
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
Happy New year to all!!!
My bud and I went out this morning 27 deg in central NY, frost on the windows and all. He came up from VA, hoping to use his new E-Trac, and me with my F-75 in NY today why I said??? We started out at one of our old spots, 1850-1950 era. The ground was frozen 2-2.5 inches on our first targets, I didn't bring the hammer so we moved on to an area where there is direct sunlight . Started with some wheaties, junk, beavertails, memorials, quarters, ect. Then I heard a good solid signal and dug the plug and sticking to the bottom is a 1899-O- Barber dime worn but clearly visible date and mint-mark. I yelled out hiho silver he came over in disbelief then had a happy look on his face. I said that he needs Etrac training, "HAHA" he said and we kept digging. The Barber was the only silver found, but my first for the New Year and had to share the story. Thx for reading. PICS LATER

ROMEX

Upvote 0

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bushido Dude said:
Grats on the silver neighbor :icon_thumright: and it wasn't that bad of a day out, nice warm breeze this afternoon :)
:icon_thumright: congrats on your first silver! I myself just found my first silver too. A Merc dime,but can't see a date! I said at least it's a silver find baby!!! :) ps. that was on jan 1st too,to start the new year off right...HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread