1st penny box

50d,52d,56d(this one is more red-brown),41,44,46d,57d, and a 42

Copper hoarding is a fun way to waste time and find some wheats while your at it! Love it. Also a good way to treasure hunt while its 0 degrees f outside! :blackbeard:

Yeah Mn isn't the best place 6 months of the year for digging up anything

Those S mint coins you have listed first have no special value, other than copper value. Otherwise, you did about average on the wheaties.
HH
enamel7

True, but happy *** It was a fun hunt. Now to separate by year and start building a book...
This is cool to me because it's not flat brown like the others I've came across.

***made a wrong statement

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421003219666.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421003219666.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 104
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421003227107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421003227107.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
True, but happy I found both large and small date 1970-s for my collection. It was a fun hunt. Now to separate by year and start building a book...
This is cool to me because it's not flat brown like the others I've came across.

I've been searching coins for over 15 years and have never found a small date in circulation. Post a pic and let's verify it.

I've been searching coins for over 15 years and have never found a small date in circulation. Post a pic and let's verify it.

I did find 1. Would like to see a picture also. This is a hard cent to verify.

70s1.jpg70s2.jpg70s3.jpg Here are all 3 and I'm a *******. From the pictures I was looking at I was only paying attention the top of the dates, and totally didn't pay attention to the bottom of the 7. Thank you enamel for challenging it, otherwise one of them would have been sitting in a coin book wasting space. Above post will be edited..

View attachment 1105063View attachment 1105064View attachment 1105065 Here are all 3 and I'm a *******. From the pictures I was looking at I was only paying attention the top of the dates, and totally didn't pay attention to the bottom of the 7. Thank you enamel for challenging it, otherwise one of them would have been sitting in a coin book wasting space. Above post will be edited..

Pay attention to the 9 more than anything when looking for a small date. The 9 will curl more towards the 7 than bottom of coin.

Sadly I did. That last pic it appeared to me that way. The E & Y in liberty are also not as defined at the top as the other 2. I neglected to zoom in and pay attention to the 7 more carefully.

Sent from my beer can using pocket lint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back