Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and not ZDD this time, but TD came up from the south shore for a dig.

Found some new land, caught the owner home, he knew of one house site, but my info said there were more. Anyway I promised to split the gold 50/50, and we were in the dirt in no time.

I was pretty excited with the possibilites here, the signs were all good, with lots of glass, and the thick pottery, lots of good signals too, but many were scraps of lead, and copper. I guess the first good find was the back of sterling watch case, that was a first, lots of watch parts over the years, but this was the first real silver part, I hoped for the rest, but it didn't show up.

We pounded the first house site for a while, then I decided to stroll down wind toward where I suspected another site was, that's when I got the silver Quarter, as always I hoped it would have been an old coin, but I'll take a 1954.

There was indeed another house site not far away, I got a copper there, yes it's poor condition too, but it is IDable as a SPEED THE PLOUGH, and is a first for me so happy with that. TD gets a copper too, and was very happy as was his first old coin, even though the poor thing was a blank.

5 hours later we go back over to the owners house. I gave him the crotal bell, and an old copper I dug last year, as I told him I'd like to keep this one, No problem, thanked us, and gave me a heads up that the land will have a DEEP plough this fall, and I could come back, and indeed I will.

Oh almost forgot the hat badge looking thing, which is what I though it was with the crown at the top and all, but after cleaning it is a "Victoria's jubilee 1897" pin, Ahh, pretty cool, and couldn't find a match on google images ? Anyone ?

Good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Upvote 7

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Good job Rick !
It never breaks my heart to pull out a Speed the Plough, I like them!

You may something better in the fall from that site; and you're off and running for a silver roll!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silvers, and getting the plough token.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics and silver! WTG! And you have a great chance at a lot more when the deep plowing is done!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds, like them all but really like the pin. WTG!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job breaking into the silver! I've never heard of the "seed the plough" copper before, that's a nice find. The pin is really cool, can't wait to see what it's all about. Congrats on a great hunt!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice going buddy, cool silver and token. I sure hope I can get out again soon.

Dave

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job breaking into the silver! I've never heard of the "seed the plough" copper before, that's a nice find. The pin is really cool, can't wait to see what it's all about. Congrats on a great hunt!

Cache there are almost literally a ton of different coppers from the early maritimes, it makes for a very interesting time, "what copper is that ?"

Anyway here is what one would look like if it was not a POS ...(piece of scrap)

token 1 cent-1859-fisheries-success-g.jpg

And thanks everyone else too...I don't know how to multiple quotes in one thread. Haven't found trhe need to learn either. (smiley)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice collection of finds

Top Member Reactions