Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Spanish silver has been on my wish list since I got serious into detecting 6 years ago. I have found old silver overseas but I wanted to find some old silver here in the states. I am attending a class at Shaw Air Force Base in SC and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of historical markers while driving around the local area. I was looking for some civil war relics when this little silver coin came out of the ground. I thought nice, a silver dime and then I looked at the coin and was in disbelief . 1785! The reale has been holed but that adds character . I guess this is a half reale being so small. I also found a civil war pistol bullet ,first one of those that I have dug in a while. :headbang: The bad thing is that I have to leave tomorrow ,drive to Norfolk Va. catch a plane and go overseas for 6 months. For the birds..
Shaw AFB is about 3 hours from where I live so I may take a weekend trip back down this way when I get back.
Sorry ,the camera don't want to work with me on close ups..Thanks for looking and happy hunting. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• SANY0288 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0288 [640x480].JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,184
  • SANY0293 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0293 [640x480].JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,185
  • SANY0315 [640x480].JPG
    SANY0315 [640x480].JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,160
Upvote 0

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Birdman, you should have a handle, ringman. Glad to see you hit colonial silver. Back oversees to empty another ocean of gold. Arty

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments and yes I need to play with my camera for some better picks. :coffee2: Spanish silver was #1 on my list and I am still thrilled. The area where I found the reale is about 3 acres of clear cut and I have to hit the road. Man I wish I would have found it sooner. :-\

Artyfacts, no good beach detecting on this trip.Going to the middle east to help close down a base. I will have to live my treasure hunting dreams through reading Tnet post for the next 6 months. As the governator would say"I'll be back". ;D

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artyfacts, no good beach detecting on this trip.

Sorry to hear that. Your ring run was one of the best posted, incredible.

Arty

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! Sorry to hear that you have to head overseas again. Bryan

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilligan, we need to make a road trip down to SC when I get back . Lots more to dig.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy, Are you headed back this way? Hope so!!! Love to take you back to the site we were at and finish the darn thing.
I went once more, but just didn't get back to do the remainder.....waiting for you.
Nice find. I have only found one of the Spanish silver....and the same size as yours. In fact, Mike found it, when I was stationed at Ft. Lee, VA......we were in an old Rev. War-era park....and he found it next to one of the foot paths, about 1 inch
down. Just waiting for us, I think.
Let me know where you are headed. If it is not here, then you keep your head down, and be safe. My son-in-law just went
to Spain for a 5-month tour there......
Always good to see your posts, my friend.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmtns, wish I was heading back your way but I will be in Iraq tomorrow. I got off the plane this morning at about 3am and I have about a 2 hour flight coming up. I wish I could get back to your neck of the woods for a few months. Lots of ground to cover still but next time I hope to have transportation. :tongue3:
Riding my bike around those Korean hills got old. I broke a chain and got chased by a dog all in one week lol. :icon_sunny:
I hope your son is doing well these days ands sounds like he has a good assignment.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure....keep your head down.....come back safely.
Mike is doing exceptional. He is getting his strength back, but he has so much more energy, now that all his heart is working.
So, he is feeling good.
Don't know where he will be going, but is biding his time at the base where he had his operation. We were hoping that
he could come back here, but his slot has been filled.....is finding it hard to be reassigned. Maybe....I'm keeping my fingers
crossed.
Keep us posted on how things are going over there......know you probably won't get out.....but, do a post every now and then,
letting all of us on TNET know how one of our own is doing.
And, I'll see you when you get back to ROK. (You never told me about the dog......:)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bird! :o You can find the old stuff no matter which side of the pond your on! 8) Stay safe and hurry back. :icon_thumright: Congrats on that fantastic find!

Nana :)

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. :icon_thumright:

Nana, with all the stuff been finding ,I think I need to move back to Alabama. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread