1st Spanish Silver of 2011 & Nice Cuff-Sized Early Artillery Corps & NY Buttons!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st Spanish Silver of 2011 & Nice Cuff-Sized Early Artillery Corps & NY Buttons!

Hey Guys. Got out and dug at an early site of mine where Jeff and I had dug some nice relics this past summer. Since the grass, weeds and brairs have died down alot more of the area is accessible and I decided I was going to have fun and dig for a few hours. As soon as I dropped my coil the first signal I got was a perfect bullet signal and I popped out a .58 Minie (alright :icon_sunny:) Another 10 minutes go by of me only getting a couple more signals that turned out to be can slaw and a bottle top, then I got a nice signal; very tight signal. The type of blip with no irony sound on the ends, just a straight small and tight blip hitting around 55-60. Good signal but alot of slaw and other stuff sounds the same way depending on the shape and size. I cut out a plug about 5" deep and popped it over and was looking around and probing with my Propointer and I locked eyes on this piece of silver with a straight clipped edge....(I was thinking clipped Milled Reale :)) but when I pulled it out of the mud all the way I immediately saw it wasn't a Milled but a Cob! It seems to have been in circulation for quite awhile much like the 1640 French Copper that Jeff found here. (This was a thriving little site during the Colonial Period and even had some Civil War activity as evidenced by the Eagle Buttons and Minies that I've found here.)
Towards the end of my hunt I dug a Excellent Cuff Sized Artillery Corps and New York Button back to back within 15 minutes of one another but by that time it was near dark (DANG SHORT WINTER DAYS >:( :P)...
Went back on Sunday and about 20 minutes into the hunt I got a tight PERFECT +91! That's a Half Signal all day long on my machine. I was hoping it would be a Seated since it was close to where the Eagle buttons were dug but when I popped it out and removed the dirt from the face it was a Walking Liberty looking back at me... :dontknow: Oh well, what you gonna do :laughing9: :laughing9:.....still a good sized silver and probably my favorite of the Modern U.S. Silver.... :laughing9: I ended up diggins several more modern silvers around it.
All and all, I'm Very Happy with this weekend's hunt and can officially put a check mark next to "Spanish Silver" for the year; although its worn I'll definitely take it, and an EXCELLENT Artillery Corps and NY button to boot! Have a look below and thanks a bunch for stopping by! :occasion14: :occasion14:

The Silver Coins from the Pouch
MD Pics 1149.jpg

MD Pics 1155.jpg

Early 1800's Artillery Corps Cuff Button
MD Pics 1158.jpg

1600's Clipped Spanish Cob and Early 1800's U.S. Artillery Corps Cuff Button
MD Pics 1190.jpg

Silvers: (Half 1600s Spanish Cob, '47 Walker, '45 Washington, '39 & '43 Mercs, '51 Rosie and Silver Religious Medallion)
MD Pics 1179.jpg

Bullets( Including Side Impacted Minie and a Cut & Flattened 3 Ringer ready to make square buckshot loads)
MD Pics 1212.jpg

Buttons
MD Pics 1213.jpg

Group Shot: (Including a flattened Pewter Canteen Spout, and more)
MD Pics 1210.jpg

Spanish Cob, Artillery Corps and New York Buttons
MD Pics 1200.jpg

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: 1st Spanish Silver of 2011 & Nice Cuff-Sized Early Artillery Corps & NY Buttons!

sweet, sweet cob.. always a good time when you got one of them in the pouch :headbang: glad to see that you aren't snowed in like some :laughing9: ::) good start to the year J-man :hello2:

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
Re: 1st Spanish Silver of 2011 & Nice Cuff-Sized Early Artillery Corps & NY Buttons!

excellent finds im froze in and snow covered here in northern vt

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf said:
sweet, sweet cob.. always a good time when you got one of them in the pouch :headbang: glad to see that you aren't snowed in like some :laughing9: ::)good start to the year J-man :hello2:
;D :laughing9: Nope, we dodged the bullet here in my area and systems are STILL all a-go for diggin' :headbang:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If it were not for American buttons appears that you have been hunting in Spain. :o
Incredible! :notworthy:

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Super nice digs bro! The cob is sweet!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 1st Spanish Silver of 2011 & Nice Cuff-Sized Early Artillery Corps & NY Butt

That is the way you Colonial do it, Josh. :headbang: Virginia has millions more of those cobs still left in the ground. Hit those sites hard and the finds will follow with passion.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :wave:

KOOTNEY KID

Sep 19, 2008
BRITISH COLUMBIA
Detector(s) used
Whites/MXT.

Awsome little pile of rubble there, Sentinel.
Looking good :icon_thumleft:......K.KID.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Wow! Awesome bunch of finds.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The ground is still hard as a rock up here Josh :( Your dirt look's great,especially with all the loot stuck to it :thumbsup: Congrat's on your Spanish Silver and some more awesome button's.Nice job.....see you in March :headbang:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EEEEEEEK YOUR KILLIN MEEEE~! HISS HISS.....lol...awesome man!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesbibb said:
Super nice digs bro! The cob is sweet!

Thanks James and I know, each and every time u dig a Spanish, it never gets old! :occasion14: I'll be seeing you real soon up in Culpeper. ;D :wink:

Sniffy said:
EEEEEEEK YOUR KILLIN MEEEE~! HISS HISS.....lol...awesome man!

LMAO :laughing9: :laughing9: Thanks Brutha :wink:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats a heck of a way to start 2011 Josh. Its going to be a good year for you, if this keeps up. Best of luck buddy. :icon_thumright:

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB

Awsome! :notworthy:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice silver and relics !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HISPAN said:
If it were not for American buttons appears that you have been hunting in Spain. :o
Incredible! :notworthy:
:laughing9: I only WISH I Were Hunting in Spain my friend!! :occasion14:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy cow Dude!!! :o Outstanding variety of relics Josh. I'm loving those buttons & silver. :thumbsup:
Way to go. :occasion14:
-Doug-

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Super Finds!
Mucho Silver & my favorite Artillery button :hello2:
Keep Pillaging :thumbsup:

Attachments

• NC FINDS 1-15.3 001.jpg
    NC FINDS 1-15.3 001.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,187
  • NC FINDS 1-15.3 001.jpg
    NC FINDS 1-15.3 001.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,176

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great finds there Josh! :o
A lot better then what I found yesterday hunting the snow plowed hills at the mall
in 10F weather! :laughing7: Can you say . . . Nothing! :'(

The artillery cuff button is gorgeous, love the Walking Liberty too! :notworthy:

Cheers,
Dave

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a helluva hunt! I would be happy with any cob, worn or otherwise. I'm hoping this is my year for a cob.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions