06.29.08.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0

kept1979

May 3, 2005
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Tips? Keep on searching. How deep did you have to dig for your finds? If you are searching at a public beach you probably should do well on Sunday given that this is a long holiday weekend. Keep up the good work and by all means have fun.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Looks like you are off to a good start, I myself have only been hunting for 2 weeks, and I love it. Just go out in the evenings, and especially after those busy weekends.

OP
OP
Relic_Digger

Relic_Digger

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2008
Antioch, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I dug anywhere between 2-4". I am looking forward to searching after the long holiday weekend. ;D

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Nice job :thumbsup:
Great start and welcome.

We all love to look at pictures and hear the stories, is there any way you could resize your photos bigger so us oldtimers such as myself could see them better?

Thnx and
HH
MichiganRob

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Great finds... :thumbsup:. Best suggestion's I can pass on is 'go slow'; keep your coil level to the ground; set up a test bed if you can; join a club or find someone here on TNet that can help you learn the ropes; hunt in the early morning and at low tide if you hunt beaches; or watch where people sit, play run then hunt these areas. But remember go slow and criss-cross your search area..... ;D

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
One tip would be to dig everything at the beach in the beginning, until you get to know your machine. Some signals are misleading.

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
Also a newbie with Ace 250's. Looks like your doing it right. I've been digging everything just to learn what the Ace is telling me. Most times it indicates correctly. Love detecting beaches and still get the thrill just pulling up a penny. Great Hobby :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread