First Dollar

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out detecting this morning. Its been a while. We had rain yesterday so I knew the ground would be perfect. I have been passing an old house, looks to be probably 20s-30s. Decided to give it a shot. First I found a 1951 wheat cent. The best of the three I have found as far as the grade. Then I got a very strong signal around three inches down. One shovel full and there it was......a 1972 D Eisenhower. Still no silver but a dollar is probably a rare find. Needless to say I will be returning to this site to look more! :wink:

Attachments

• dani and jared 008 (Small).jpg
    dani and jared 008 (Small).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 841
  • dani and jared 009 (Small).jpg
    dani and jared 009 (Small).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 850
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good find!

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find I bet that was a suprise.. ;D

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the comgrats!!! I went back to this site this past weekend and found a 56 and 57 wheat. Tells a bit about the history. I'm noticing that near the front steps to the porch is where I'm finding most of the goodies........but there is a new buiseness right next door so I cant help but wonder if they didnt drag the gound there when they formed up the new building. Left the stuff higher up? I will be returning.............

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
WTG shanegalang. Could have sworn I heard some yelling coming from your way Saturday morning. That wasn't you, was it? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions