1st Time Coin Roll Hunting

ThatCopperSound

Dec 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I came across this site and wanted to try my luck at finding some silver at face vaule.
My parents are making me pay for my first car, so any way to make money I will not hesitate to try. I work at Sonic, so I come in contact with money every day and will definately be on the look out for silver coins.

Today, I went to the bank and bought $120 worth of half dollars. Here are my results:

3-90% (two 1964 and a very mint 1955 Benjamin)
2-40% (both 1968)

I am about to head out to hunt some more.

Any tips for a newbie?

Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 words, volume, volume, VOLUME! In other words, just go crazy and search as many Half Dollars and Dimes as you can. Don't give up on clear wrapped Dimes yet, since they search very fast and the rolls don't have to be opened. Get at least one bank to drop coins off at regularly, known as a dump bank. Then if you have $250 or $500, go to other banks, known as supply banks and order in boxes of Dimes and Halves. For me, I always order Halves over Dimes since I can usually get Dime boxes without ordering them. I'm actually looking at buying a car soon, so my CRHing will be on hold as I look for the car. 2 boxes of Halves is $1000 and weighs 50 pounds. That's what I currently get per order round and I carry it on my back. It's actually built me some muscle in addition to the Silver.

OP
OP
T

ThatCopperSound

Dec 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried my first box yesterday (dimes). Unfortunately, there was no silver. I also picked up $3 in loose half dollars which also yielded no silver.

Despite the lack of silver, I just found out (via my mom) that a bank teller at my regular bank put aside $150 worth of half dollars. A man came in yesterday after I left and dropped them off. I am pretty excited to get to the bank on Monday to find out whats inside the rolls. Could it be somebody cashed out some of their collection for Christmas money? Or maybe just another coin roll hunter dumping their clad. I will keep you guys posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread