2 1/2 years ATPro = 20,000+ coins and 100+ rings

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have made a few complaints concerning the ATPro but today I am reflecting on all the good it has done for me. Yes I would like to see a ATPro II come out with enhanced features. Looking at the prices of some of those new detectors I am pretty satisfied with what I use. Now I can understand the younger fellas wanting to go deep for those older silver coins but there is a big price to be paid. It has gotten to the point where one could take that $1500-$2500 and just go out and buy old silver at the spot price. Very few will find that much while out in the field. So it all boils down to the hobby aspect of it, the fresh air and exercise provided and that is what the ATPro provides for me.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am far from what you have found because it is about 5700 in the past 14 months for me but I took off from Dec 2101 until sept 2013 with the exception of a few scattered hunts.

I love my ATP and the more i use it the more I like it. Most areas i hunt have been hunted over and over and it's rare for anyone in this area to find an untouched place.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
That's a great haul:occasion14:, lots of digging, fun and exercise right there.
IMO you don't need a $1500 -$2500 machine to get the deep silver.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm 2,5 yrs at say 50 wks/yr 5 days/wk that's 80 coins per day -- My one best day in 10 years was 70 coins Perry

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perry....... better check your math. 20,000/625=32. Doable.......

Next ..... the rules

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

OP
OP
TheOldMan

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
It is understandable for many folks to never be able to obtain these numbers. The Old Man has some things going for him. Retired ...so no boss - at work or at home lol! - south in the winter months - no television set to waste watching - also same goes for a computer - sans a camera so that's why I have been slack in posting any pictures. Actually I feel I have been really lazy as I could have found more coins etc I usually do coin shoot at least 5 days a week with approx. 2-3 one hour sessions with a hour or so break in between. I'll take a nap and hit it again in the afternoon if my morning totals are low. I sometimes find a small grassy area that folks must don't pay much attention to and sometimes find a buck or so with maybe about 25 coins. Then I'll hit a small park with maybe a playground for the easier pickings. As for house lots I am not too excited about the real big lawn old ones. My theory is that only so many coins etc will be lost on a lawn by whoever lived there over the years....if 40 coins have been lost and they are on a small lawn even if the house is newer than those coins will be found faster than on a large lawn. There are exceptions if that large lawn was ever used for special events such as military encampments or picnic socials etc. I hate those zinc cents and my coin totals would be higher but I ignore the zinc cent signals if I am getting tired. The main thing is to make time to get out and detect. The older coins and jewelry will show up if you slow down and are willing to sometimes dig up some junk. The gold rings are the biggest signal problem but they will really make your day. Don't let The Old Man kick your a** coin shooting Lol!Get away from that boob tube and get out there and find your share of the loot. But the main thing is to do it for the fresh air and exercise.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~
Way to go old dude!

Wow! That's an average of 25 coins per day and almost one ring per week. That's a lot of frest air!!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Excellent! It can be done, it has be done. I reached my 100,000 coin back many years ago. If there are any non believers out there, the formula is to hit a spot with lots of coins, dig all the pennies and the ring count will naturally go up too! It's damn hard work, but you learn to pop those coins out very quickly and move on to the next coin? Tiring,,,,? you bet it is, however, you tend to build up those specific muscles needed to do lots of digging, and the buildup of muscle tissue compensates for the hard work and it gets easier.

Again...congratulations to such a great milestone! :occasion14:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The more I read posts like this the more inspired I am!
Great finds OldMan!
I'm glad I bought the AT Pro!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome numbers OldMan! I can do the 25 coins a day easy but the one ring a week has me beat by a mile. Whats the secret wise one?

OP
OP
TheOldMan

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome numbers OldMan! I can do the 25 coins a day easy but the one ring a week has me beat by a mile. Whats the secret wise one?
Every year I got a large plastic container that held cheese balls and that I feel up with all the smaller junk that I dig up. I dig everything from 44 on up - in really junky areas I use the pro custom and eliminate junk signals such as 4 different pop top and 3 different pop cap signals that are common in my area. Now you have to realize that I am counting costume rings also, not just the gold and silver. I am not one of those ocean beach searchers whom might find pounds of gold and silver jewelry. I do find that sports fields are real good areas to locate jewelry. But it can be everywhere. Just take some jewelry and bury it and practice listening for the various tones. It is very easy to want to bypass a signal that is actually a gold ring.

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has there been talks of an AT PRO II?? :)

OP
OP
TheOldMan

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Has there been talks of an AT PRO II?? :)
Nope - just on my wish list - we could start a chant movement. . . .ATPRO II !!! . . . .ATPROII !!! . . . .We could enlist Walter the grouchy puppet to be our poster spokesman. :protest::protest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions