PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that when I dig the first hole, if the signal then seems bigger (with a hole opened up) it is a large item......might be trash......but a large item for sure. If in an old area I'd dig it as it could be a buried barrel full of coins......or well........something cool or part of an old stove (or other junk). That's why we all dig some trash!
Paul

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On those type signals raise the coil a foot or so above the ground. If it is still getting a report its something BIG. A coin will drop of within 4-5 inches usually.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a deep big target, or "overload target" as I call them. If the digging is easy and you have time, then go for it. I have read stories of people finding coin caches when they dug a deep target like that.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On those type signals raise the coil a foot or so above the ground. If it is still getting a report its something BIG. A coin will drop of within 4-5 inches usually.
great advise from Bart. I get those signals all the time in the farm fields I dug one the a few months ago and it was an ax head over 12 inches deep.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great advise from Bart. I get those signals all the time in the farm fields I dug one the a few months ago and it was an ax head over 12 inches deep.

I dug a hup cap at 2 1/2 feet once. After filling in that HUGE hole I packed up and went home. I was spent! lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread