2 axe heads

Pa.Billy

May 10, 2008
Indiana Co. Pa......... finds include,confedera
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
I was detecting at a late 1800's (earlier?) homestead today. I found 2 axe heads laying one on top the other in the ground with a large rock placed over them. What would be the significance of storing this way ? They were about 6 ft from the foundation. They were quite rusted by not extremely so. I forgot to bring them back with me. I don't know if it would be worth going back for them or not.

Upvote 0

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Sounds to me as if someone else hid them there; planning on coming back to get them! :)
Old axe heads are collectible for sure; I would have brought them home!

GRB

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this Lizzie Borden's house?

OP
OP
P

Pa.Billy

May 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
sorry no pics,I had my camera with me but didn't take any pics.I looked for hours for this remote foundation and finally found it as I was leaving the area. I was running on empty by the time I started detecting.I wasn't thinking to clearly,I needed food ! I did mark down the gps coordinates.If someone in western pa. wants to get them it's ok with me :-)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd skip the food for a nice haul, anyday. Man can live for awhile without food. ;D If those were trade axes I'd be looking for them.

OP
OP
P

Pa.Billy

May 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
I've been trying to get over a bad upper Respiratory virus/cold as well,I wasn't feeling my strongest. The axe heads seemed to be your typical style and shape.I imagine they will be there for a while.The place seemed to have had no human impact for quite sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread