North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little silver, asst'd do-dads, AND a video! @@

Here are a few asst'd finds from this last week, with a 59' Rosie being the highlight. Whoopie! :wink: I found it out in the middle of the field at the 1830's CW house.
The other items are just asst'd digs.
*Any idea what the narrow yellowish piece could have been? It looks to be ivory possibly. :icon_scratch:

I bought me a cheap video camera to hopefully document some of my future adventures. Hopefully I can get this movie making thing down. Here is my first attempt from today. (No laughing please) ;D
http://www.box.net/shared/a618jxfpco

Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 923
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 916
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 913
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 916
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 912
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 907
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: A little silver, asst'd do-dads, AND a video! @@

That video was pretty nice! Nice job on the silver rosie! I can't believe you got another shotgun shell. Well Shucks! Good luck next time! :thumbsup: Maybe one day, you will find spanish Silver! ;D

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kimsdad said:
Nice silver. :thumbsup: Thanks for the video. How'd that darn thing get so deep????

I don't know, but after digging that deep and seeing a round object in the hole, I was hoping for a coin. ;D :wink:
Ah shoot.
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That was pretty decent "first try" Doug :wink: I've seen some that will make you dizzy!!! Glad to hear the place still has some keeper's popping up.That one piece look's almost like bone at the end......Kinda "marrowish".Do-dad's are still cool and congrat's on the silver as well :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good stuff MM. Great post and vid :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Doug, that was a good video, buddy! The picture was very stable considering you were digging with a large shovel while filming!

Nice job on your finds....don't worry, the Spanish Silver always comes when you least expect it.

More vids, please! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Nice digs MM.. And excellent video!! Keep em' coming. You just gotta dig those shotgun caps.I know they're a disappointment but one night i dug five in a row and my next similar signal i almost didn't dig..Turned out to be a 1911 V nickel ;D
Jerry

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705

Nice video!!!! I like the sound of that detector too.... If you start a youtube account and post videos you will be able to post them directly withen your post.... Just by copy and pasting the URL or link..... Justa thought....

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Great finds MM. That was a cool freaking vid too, do it again :thumbsup:.

What set-up are you using for the vid?

Thanks.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice video and I like that kind of hunting. Can't wait for July. Just save some for me. ;D

Burdie

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

It is good to see you back in NC and posting nice relics again, buddy! :icon_sunny: You are a truly dedicated hunter, and get rewarded for your hard efforts. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for some Doug Dude vids, so get out in the field and start making some...RIGHT NOW, BUDDY!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kyle

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

always love the videos MM ! congrats on the finds and hope to see more vids :thumbsup:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool Finds. The thing on the bottom left in your last photo goes on the end of the rods that hook a carrige (sp?) to the horse.

B

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

baspinall said:
Cool Finds. The thing on the bottom left in your last photo goes on the end of the rods that hook a carrige (sp?) to the horse.

B

Thanks B for the info. I was wondering what that piece was. I found one of those earlier in the year too. It looked old.
-MM-

Colonial Zoyboy said:
It is good to see you back in NC and posting nice relics again, buddy! :icon_sunny: You are a truly dedicated hunter, and get rewarded for your hard efforts. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for some Doug Dude vids, so get out in the field and start making some...RIGHT NOW, BUDDY!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Kyle

Thanks Kyle. I hope to turn up some nice finds in my wooded hunts come fall. Right now I'm pretty much beating the open areas of my current sites to death. You never know though what I could have missed. The Rosie in this post for instance was in the same field I found that piece of eight reale earlier this year. Too bad ol' Rosie wasn't at least a Barber though. :wink: I'll keep trying.
Good luck to you guys this week.
-Doug-

Burdie said:
Nice video and I like that kind of hunting. Can't wait for July. Just save some for me. ;D
Burdie

Burdie,
Looking forward to it. We'll probably hit the 1830's CW property since it's always nice and cut low. Let's just hope for 70 degree weather that w/end. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Ant said:
Great finds MM. That was a cool freaking vid too, do it again :thumbsup:.
What set-up are you using for the vid?
Thanks.

Thanks Ant.
I'm not sure what set-up I'm using, but I know I "set up" for hours trying to figure this stuff out. :o ;D :wink:
There has to be an easier way. I am uploading to the Photobucket web site, then opening the vid, then copying the link to the TN site.
Today's vid took me forever to upload it and it was only a 2 minute vid! I found out my vid camera has a hi and lo resolution setting, and I had it on "hi". Maybe I should try "lo"?
I can use any help I can get on getting these vids posted easier. I'm a true tard when it comes to this stuff. :tard: :tongue3:
Thanks,
Doug

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Doug ...
That Train Wheel is SO COOL ...
Rock On ...
Nick

:thumbsup:... Nice Roosie Too Mr. Scorsese ... :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick.
One of these days Buddy you or I will hit an LC or Eagle button. ;D :wink: My best chance won't be until fall I'm afraid.
-Lish-

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great video!!! i found the same play token last week! it says grimland or something like that, right??

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1 said:
That was pretty decent "first try" Doug :wink: I've seen some that will make you dizzy!!!
Glad to hear the place still has some keeper's popping up. That one piece look's almost like bone at the end......Kinda "marrowish".
Do-dad's are still cool and congrat's on the silver as well :thumbsup:

Thanks Civil.
It was tough filming and digging, but a lot of fun too. One of these days I'll hit on an old coin again. :thumbsup:
By the way. Speaking of a dizzy movie, have you ever seen the movie "Cloverfield"? That whole movie had the guy running with the camera bouncing up and down. I swear to ya, I got sick as a dog and couldn't even eat my $8.00 bucket of popcorn. :'( Horrible!!!
I wish I had this video camera the day Mirage dug up that reale down here. ;D
-Doug-

jraven said:
Nice video!!!! I like the sound of that detector too.... If you start a youtube account and post videos you will be able to post them directly withen your post.... Just by copy and pasting the URL or link..... Just thought....

Thanks JR.
My daughter set me up a Youtube acct tonight. I will piddle around & see if I can figure it out. Any step-by-step instructions you could PM me would be GREATLY appreciated. :thumbsup:
Thank you,
Doug

Ohio Jerry said:
Nice digs MM.. And excellent video!! Keep em' coming. You just gotta dig those shotgun caps.I know they're a disappointment but one night i dug five in a row and my next similar signal i almost didn't dig..Turned out to be a 1911 V nickel ;D
Jerry

Thanks Jerry.
I know what you mean. The nickels and shotgun shells both give off squirrely signals on my machine.
-Doug-

Captn_SE said:
Doug, that was a good video, buddy! The picture was very stable considering you were digging with a large shovel while filming!
Nice job on your finds....don't worry, the Spanish Silver always comes when you least expect it.
More vids, please! :thumbsup:
HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan. It was no Golden Apples Production, but not too bad for my first attempt I guess.
***Pay no attention to that huffing, puffing, and grunting in my videos. There was no ferrel hog near by, just an out of shape detectorist. I knew that beer would catch up to me eventually. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
More vids in the making.
-Doug-

silverfreak said:
Good stuff MM. Great post and vid :thumbsup:

weasel606 said:
always love the videos MM ! congrats on the finds and hope to see more vids :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the encouraging replies. I love you Guys!!! :o ;D :wink:
-MM-

DebbzInNC

Feb 23, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250

Hey Doug MM!
Great vid! U did an awesome job. I will wait for the next instruction video. Are ya gonna make a series called "Diggin' Doug" or "ModernMiner Man" or something like that ? Yep, YouTube is fun. I have an account there.
NICE finds too. I'm jealous.
I couldn't find anywhere in the mountains to MD. I'm getting the DTs from not getting a chance to dig. :o

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great post and Video Doug :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats on a fine hunt.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Doug,
If you can take such good pictures then I am sure your videos will be as good also. This one was pretty good. I cracked up at the end when you said "Again, no spanish silver" :D :laughing7: :angel4: Is that what you are expecting every signal? Well, the possibility is still very real - especially if you are still finding silver. :icon_sunny:

Hey, what's with that "lady"? It looks like a scene from the Village. :)

What, you can't get Sarah or Mike to do the shooting? Tell them they can put it on their resume. I might bring my video camera sometime. Videos are cool cause it makes you feel like you are there.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread