2 boxes last night, and turning out my wife...(trying)

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
So yesterday I was on here naggin about how weighing rolls doesnt work, well, I have changed my opinion a little bit. It helps to identify (most of the time) when you have a 90%er in the roll, I would say, if your roll is 226.5 or anywhere close to that or higher, there is a VERY good chance at a 90% at least. So last night I open the first box, skunk. The second box, I weighed them first, found two rolls that were 226.5 + and sat next to my wife, (who is ALMOST to the point where she doesnt roll her eyes at me and my hobby). The more my CRH'ing stack grows the more seriously she takes my hobby :headbang: So I sit next to her, and open a roll, nothing.... "Here babe, open this one" (unbeknownst to her, the heavy one).. So she is opening this roll, taking forever, cause she didnt wanna get her hands dirty... I was so tempted to just grab the roll and open it for her, "cause she wasnt doing it right" :help: That I finally just had to look away, next thing I know, she is doing a new silver happy dance.... I about died laughing, so I opened up a couple more, and nothing, then I said, here babe, open this one... Yep, the other heavy one..... This time it was a franklin.... another happy dance. The first thing she said this morning, was hey Colston, (our son)... Dad let me open some rolls last night, and I found 2 silvers... 90%'ers! I was like, wow, this is nice, maybe I can get her hooked too.... Is this bad? I feel like its a good idea but you never know with this beast.. We will see, Oh, I also found a 1987-s and it is in very good condition. I will admit, I got a bit excited about it cause I saw the empty spot in my book a couple nights before and wondered if I would ever find one of those. At first I was all excited about finding the 1987's but by now, (outside of the cameo proof), I have found so many that I am realizing it is not a big deal at all.. I think I have 6 or 8 in just a couple months.

So in 2 boxes last night, we found 2-90%, and that 1987-s clad. If was the first time I had ever found more 90's than 40's... I just wish it was more than 2. (its never enough right?)

Happy Hunting everyone, I hope the finds are great for you this weekend.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
The next step is to get her to help you search all of them.

The step after that is to get her to help search in the car.

The pace accelerates rapidly beyond that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread