Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not the best I have done, but not bad. As many folks do, after I got them out to my vehicle I cut the paper holding the boxes closed and looked at the ends, nada on both boxes, so I knew that did NOT bode well. Went thru them last night and was half way thru the first box before I found my first silver, a 40%. In fact, if I only searched by edges I would have ended up putting that in my reject batch as it was dark, I saw it was a silver when I was looking for 1974's. Got 3 40%, a walker (45) and a benji (58D) out of that box. Second box got another walker (45D) and something I have not gotten in a couple of years, a silver proof (2006S). Needless to say I spied that edge when I opened the roll. Have not gone thru the 74D's yet for any DDO's. Out of the 7 silvers I found, I would have definitely missed 2 of them by looking at the edges as they were dark and dirty, not standing out from the clads.

Upvote 0

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have been fooled both ways. Seen edges that looked like silver only to find they were not. I'va also seen edges I thought were clad, but turned out to be silver.

Then I found a couple I thought were silver by the edges, looked at the date and thought they were clad, only to find out a couple of weeks later there were a few silver halves struck by mistake those 2 years at the Denver Mint.

It pays to always check the dates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread