Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Ironhorse the last couple of days and we tried many great looking fields that wouldn't give up more than 2 plain buttons each. We did find one new site but after about 40 minutes or so it was quiet. That was yesterday and today really sucked for me, but IH got a neat keeper. I'm sure he'll post soon.

I think the cut copper is cool and always nice to see an old Artillery button come up.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 650
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 652
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 657
Upvote 1

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Artillery button ... congrats ! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You got your military button at least. The Rev War will be for the next time.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle PA said:

Yeah it was last call yesterday and we didn't have squat, but luckily our last field of the day had the small site.

Make it Rev War and something different. I'd actually be a little more satisfied had this Artillery had been something new, but I already have a better on. (That is the case for the last 3 I posted) I guess if you hunt the same type of sites year after year, in the same location, it's bound to happen.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kyle PA said:

Yeah it was last call yesterday and we didn't have squat, but luckily our last field of the day had the small site.

Make it Rev War and something different. I'd actually be a little more satisfied had this Artillery had been something new, but I already have a better on. (That is the case for the last 3 I posted) I guess if you hunt the same type of sites year after year, in the same location, it's bound to happen.

Although it's a variant I haven't got :-\ I would have been happy with it :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Kyle PA said:

Although it a variant I haven't got :-\ I would have been happy with it :icon_thumright:

It's a UK button, but what's odd is why we find so many... probably 20 between IH and I. I have only seen one found from the UK and it was on Ebay. Most we dig are also in the same area, but have found them in other places too. I dug one my first year detecting and it has been a mystery ever since. There is no record of these soldiers being here, at least that I have ever heard of, and some day I hope to figure it out.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a mystery but at least they lost lots of buttons. :icon_thumright:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Finds, I assume that cut coin is the Canada 1813-14. can't find an image.
Nice button & relics. Great Digs!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Kyle PA said:

Although it a variant I haven't got :-\ I would have been happy with it :icon_thumright:

It's a UK button, but what's odd is why we find so many... probably 20 between IH and I. I have only seen one found from the UK and it was on Ebay. Most we dig are also in the same area, but have found them in other places too. I dug one my first year detecting and it has been a mystery ever since. There is no record of these soldiers being here, at least that I have ever heard of, and some day I hope to figure it out.

interesting, I never seen one sold over here :icon_thumright:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
curses on the curse!!!

although we had some dismal hunting( in our opinion) we did cross off some good looking fields and that is never a bad thing

hopefully the next good looking field is the one to make a post worthy of our expectations

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steelheadwill said:
Nice Finds, I assume that cut coin is the Canada 1813-14. can't find an image.
Nice button & relics. Great Digs!

Google "Trade and Navigation" token...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice pile of relics to me IP. :headbang:
Well done guys,
MM

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting out and finding something is better not getting out at all! I'd be happy with those digs!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, you can't get a full body massage and pedicure every hunt, IP. :laughing9: I am loving that shoe buckle frame!

Kirk

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I went out for two hours yesterday and only came home with a Mercury Dime and one large flat button. I would say that you did well :thumbsup:

VPR

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man I could handle a curse like that... a button like that would make my trip there worth while!!!! maybe that's what you guys are doing, saving the good stuff for me...thanks :notworthy:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't seen that varient of the British artillery button. The ones I've always seen only have the three cannon. I like the little jews harp. Nice relic!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Could always be worse IP ;D, nice finds and remember the freeze and snow really makes for a long withdrawal :laughing9:

You said it Brian! That's exactly what I told IH yesterday.... That even when it was going bad, and we were walking fields that didn't want to seem to give up anything but two flat buttons, we should still enjoy it! ....because in a month and a bit it's all over for a 'solid' 4 months.

For the record we always enjoy it, just spent at the end of the day from what we went through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread