2 Cent Monkey

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
First of all I would like to thank my friend Keith for filling in for me at work. Taking a vacation day today paid off for The Three Detectateers. We talked to the landowner today and he kind of hinted that we should wait for the fall to detect in the soybean field. He pointed out another area that would also produce. Kyle already told us about this next spot on the landowners property that should be a boon to our group. This landowner is the nicest guy by far that we received permission from. We started this new section and it wasn't long and Kyle about blew a throat gasket yelling for us. I won't tell everybody what was found because I'm sure he is about to spring it on all of youins anyway. Wow, after a bit the gracious landowners brother stopped by to chat with us. He was thoroughly impressed with everything we were finding. He liked the large caliber dropped musketball that I just found. He proceeded to give us permission to detect his farm also. Awesome family. We all had a great time and can't wait to go back. Kirk also had a great day. And oh yeah I almost forgot. I finally got the monkey off my back. I've been saying kind of indifferently that I havent found a 2 cent piece ever. Well I did today. Not what I'm after but it did add a new checkmark to my list.
Chris
PIC00006.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Those two centers are fun to dig. I've dug three now and they just never get old. Good job and ATA-BOY on the first!!!! 8)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Chris. :thumbsup: Its great that you were able to get out today. Those hunts that you're not expecting to go on are the best. I've been known to "feel sick" from time to time and go out detecting. I've found 2 two centers myself (both 1864) but I'm still looking for my first colonial silver.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Zoyncle, I am glad to see that you got that damn two-cent monkey off your back. Even though we aren't looking for those era coins, we will take it as "collateral damage." :thumbsup:

I have another great feeling about this coming Sunday, you looney! :thumbsup: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_queen: :icon_king:

Do you think I hit a "homerun ball" site here, unc? :D

Snick

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Zoyncle, I am glad to see that you got that damn two-cent monkey off your back. Even though we aren't looking for those era coins, we will take it as "collateral damage." :thumbsup:

I have another great feeling about this coming Sunday, you looney! :thumbsup: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_queen: :icon_king:

Do you think I hit a "homerun ball" site here, unc? :D

Snick
Homerun ball you say. It was more than that looney zoyster. It was more like bottom of the ninth, game 7 of the series and the southpaw Kyle steps up the plate and slams it out of there for a 4 run,one point win,grand slam to take it for the hometeam (Three Detectateers). All the ladies say "What a Man" kind of day for you.
Uncle Zeus

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 2 center Chris. Sounds like you will be posting some more goodies in the near future.

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
silverfreak said:
Congrats on the 2 center Chris. Sounds like you will be posting some more goodies in the near future.
Thanks SF. I am sure that we will be posting for awhile from this site. Dreamsite for sure.
Chris

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, congrats on the "almost minted yesterday" (by nephew standards) 2-center :thumbsup:

(I'd love to find ANY coppa before Lincoln)

Best of luck this weekend!
watercolor

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that two cent piece Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am looking forward to you and your crew's finds this weekend.
You guys are showing the rest of us how it is done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the 2-Cent Club. ;D We sent a little 2-cent "love" up North for you guys, since we'd already found two this year. :wink:

We've got another hard-won KENTUCKY COPPA to post--but I'm exhausted from 10 hours digging today...so the post will go up tomorrow.

Continue hitting that Sweet Site.

Regards,

Buck

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
watercolor said:
Chris, congrats on the "almost minted yesterday" (by nephew standards) 2-center :thumbsup:

(I'd love to find ANY coppa before Lincoln)

Best of luck this weekend!
watercolor
Thanks, I can't believe it took me over 20 years to find one.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Merf said:
Congrats on that two cent piece Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am looking forward to you and your crew's finds this weekend.
You guys are showing the rest of us how it is done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Merf, Since the landowners brother gave us permission to detect his farm we have more opportunities if by chance this site dries up. With Kyles gears turning we always have a million other potentially bountiful properties to hit.
Chris

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
BuckleBoy said:
Welcome to the 2-Cent Club. ;D We sent a little 2-cent "love" up North for you guys, since we'd already found two this year. :wink:

We've got another hard-won KENTUCKY COPPA to post--but I'm exhausted from 10 hours digging today...so the post will go up tomorrow.

Continue hitting that Sweet Site.

Regards,

Buck
Yeah BB..I know what you mean. I was starting to get alittle fatigued in the glaring sun yesterday. I can't wait to see your Coppa.
Chris

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zeus,

Even on your so-called "bad" day, you still found a decent coin. It isn't what we are looking for, but at least you can check it off your list. :D

I have a feeling that you will find something GREAT on Sunday! :thumbsup: Until then, unc, we must wonder what our coils will sweep over on Sunday. :D

Kirkevans :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cr-p, over 20 years to find your first 2 cent piece? :o :o :o I'll be long gone by the time I find one. I better tape two pennies together instead. :tongue3: :wink:
Congrats to you Chris. It's always a great feeling to be able to cross one off the list. :thumbsup:
All three of you have been rippin' em up this last week on that new spot. Once you can get into the soy bean area, I'm sure we'll be seeing a second wave from the Three Amigo's.
-Doug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread