Day 3: Two Large Cents

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dudes:

Dudes, I got out today with Colonial Silver Zeus and Colonial Zoyboy! :D Yup, we all had the day off, so we decided to hit our suuuuuper productive site. Before I relate my story, I must first thank Keith for filling in for Zeus at work. :)

Today was a super nice day filled with numerous rays of sunshine. While detecting with my analog machine, I was startled by a nice "E" on "Dime" hit and with my metal detecting smile on, I plucked out a nice Coronet cent. :D That green disc got my coppa blood a pumpin'. :D In this same area, I decided to dig an iron signal and out popped this buckle...coppa-era. :D

About two hours later, I was once again startled with an "H" on "Half" hit and was very happy to pluck out another coppa. :D This one got my blood pumpin' some more. Check it out...someone, back in the coppa-era, decided to make this Coronet cent into a child's toy...washer...doorknob...button...who in the heck knows! :D LMAO Any suggestions, dudes, I would appreciate. The coin is definitely a Coronet cent. You can make out a little bit of the details in the pictures. The wreath on the reverse is seen, if you look closely. Yeaaahhhh, baby, COPPAS!!! :thumbsup: :D

The day soon ended after those ancient recoveries and my coppa fever was satisfied. :tongue3: :D Hmmmm, what we be uncovered this Sunday? I guess we will have to wait! :D

Keep the passion high! :D

Kirk :D
Two_Large_Cents001.jpg

Two_Large_Cents007.jpg

Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I was surprised to see this. I figured I would have to wait until Sunday to see another post from you guys. Congrats on the 2 coppas Kirk. :thumbsup: Never seen one like the one on the right. Interesting. How many coppas is that for you this year? It was a while ago that I put in that coppa delivery order with you for a coronet cent. Glad to see you finally delivered. :D :D

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
You had a great day Kirk. I think you are catching up to me even if you did not already pass me on the Coppa count. We are all kicking butt out there looney boy. That largie with a hole in it is different to say the least. I must apologize to you for doubting that it was a large cent. I hope you understand that it is important to me that we try to get our identification right or we just may seem unprofessional. You were right and congratulations on your finds. I'm really sunburned and I still have to go on a photography outing with Rose tomorrow. Oh well i'm looking forward to it as I am looking forward to Sunday.
Uncle Zeus

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, Kirk!! You, Kyle, and Chris are killing the Coppas out there. That one holed Coppa you found is very interesting and adds even more to the intrigue of its function.

I'm glad you were able to get the day off and do some detecting. I bet you can't wait for Sunday to arrive!!

Keep the Passion High, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How often have you guys hit that site? Seems like you find some thing every time. Congrats on the coppers.

Burdie

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk, what can I say. . . today you were hunting among
giants. . . yet you perservered and found LARGE coppa :thumbsup:
(even though one was holed. . . but, it add's character :tard:)

This weekend will be the "tail-of-the-tape". . . all us TNetters will
eagerly await the finds of the "3 coppateers" :o

All kidding aside, have a great hunt this weekend,
watercolor :wink:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those super finds Kirk :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You and your crew are the Coppa masters. Great hunt my friend :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk, Get on down with your bad self - 2 large just to make the point . Yeah Baby !! By the time i get

my first large coppa , ya'll are gonna be bored to tears with them. You Rock ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk ,I'm pretty sure that the holed copper was used as a doorknob plate. The two small holes were set screw holes to mount it on the door. I'd like to find the doorknob that went in the hole.
CSZ

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
Wow. I was surprised to see this. I figured I would have to wait until Sunday to see another post from you guys. Congrats on the 2 coppas Kirk. :thumbsup: Never seen one like the one on the right. Interesting. How many coppas is that for you this year? It was a while ago that I put in that coppa delivery order with you for a coronet cent. Glad to see you finally delivered. :D :D

Rob,

Thanks, dude, for the reply. This was a rare occasion for us to be hunting on a weekday. That one coppa, I bet, could tell a wild tale. :D It just goes to prove how "hardy" people were back then.

I am at 7 coppas. Zeus has 7 as well. :D Our goal is 50 for the group. :wink:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Wow, Kirk!! You, Kyle, and Chris are killing the Coppas out there. That one holed Coppa you found is very interesting and adds even more to the intrigue of its function.

I'm glad you were able to get the day off and do some detecting. I bet you can't wait for Sunday to arrive!!

Keep the Passion High, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,

Hey, buddy, what's up? :) I am still pumped about my 1797 Draped Bust from Sunday, so these are just icing on the cake. I have a feeling that this site will give me some more goodies. I am hoping for a nice Spanish wilver now! :wink: :D

This site is loaded with signals, so there has to be some more ancient coins. :) This Sunday can't come any sooner. :D

You must keep detecting, my friend! :wink: :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread