2 coins and 2 unknown weird items

dawgwood

Oct 15, 2008
I was transplanting a couple of bushes this morning and when I dug the huge hole I decided to run my md over the holes as always. The hole was about 20 feet in front of our 200 year old cemetery. I have no idea what these are but one looks like an old broken blade. It is does not appear to be machine made and it was about 3 feet down. The cylinder was about 2 inches below the dirt and is about 4 inches long. The coins are a 1 pc schilling and says "Rebulik Ostereich" 1962. The small silver coin is completely slick on the back except for a circle reed and crown at the top and front says " Georgi-vs V Delgra" but can't read much more and no date. I would love to know the date on this!!

I think I'll go dig some more holes!

Dawgwood

**quick note that may help**
Most men don't use Eye makeup remover pads....so I thought I would pass my little trick along to you guys.......... if you put a few of these pads in a zip lock bag they keep forever in your pocket. This way you can clean a coin on the spot instead of waiting till you get home to see a date, or details of your find. They don't work well on iron objects but great on coins and jewelry! Buy oil free ones they work best.

Attachments

• junk1.JPG
    junk1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 493
  • junk2.JPG
    junk2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 495
  • junk3.JPG
    junk3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a Canadian dime, 1911-1936 Nice find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dawgwood

dawgwood

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks everyone. It appears someone was a world traveler! I just found some more close to the same place I'll post shortly. It's been at least 50-75 years since this land was plowed for cotton.

ivobg

Jun 20, 2013
Forgot
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found the same schilling im my yard

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got that from the dirt out of just one plant hole, seems to me be worth doing a little more there.
I'm sure you thought of that.
G.L. out there.

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dawgwood said:
I was transplanting a couple of bushes this morning and when I dug the huge hole I decided to run my md over the holes as always. The hole was about 20 feet in front of our 200 year old cemetery. I have no idea what these are but one looks like an old broken blade. It is does not appear to be machine made and it was about 3 feet down. The cylinder was about 2 inches below the dirt and is about 4 inches long. The coins are a 1 pc schilling and says "Rebulik Ostereich" 1962. The small silver coin is completely slick on the back except for a circle reed and crown at the top and front says " Georgi-vs V Delgra" but can't read much more and no date. I would love to know the date on this!!

I think I'll go dig some more holes!

Dawgwood

**quick note that may help**
Most men don't use Eye makeup remover pads....so I thought I would pass my little trick along to you guys.......... if you put a few of these pads in a zip lock bag they keep forever in your pocket. This way you can clean a coin on the spot instead of waiting till you get home to see a date, or details of your find. They don't work well on iron objects but great on coins and jewelry! Buy oil free ones they work best.

What's weird is I find those those little co2 bottles all the time in California.
The kids "huff" on them to get high.

Northcal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread