2 coins and 2 unknown weird items

dawgwood

Oct 15, 2008
I was transplanting a couple of bushes this morning and when I dug the huge hole I decided to run my md over the holes as always. The hole was about 20 feet in front of our 200 year old cemetery. I have no idea what these are but one looks like an old broken blade. It is does not appear to be machine made and it was about 3 feet down. The cylinder was about 2 inches below the dirt and is about 4 inches long. The coins are a 1 pc schilling and says "Rebulik Ostereich" 1962. The small silver coin is completely slick on the back except for a circle reed and crown at the top and front says " Georgi-vs V Delgra" but can't read much more and no date. I would love to know the date on this!!

I think I'll go dig some more holes!

Dawgwood

**quick note that may help**
Most men don't use Eye makeup remover pads....so I thought I would pass my little trick along to you guys.......... if you put a few of these pads in a zip lock bag they keep forever in your pocket. This way you can clean a coin on the spot instead of waiting till you get home to see a date, or details of your find. They don't work well on iron objects but great on coins and jewelry! Buy oil free ones they work best.

Attachments

• junk1.JPG
    junk1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 493
  • junk2.JPG
    junk2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 495
  • junk3.JPG
    junk3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a Canadian dime, 1911-1936 Nice find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dawgwood

dawgwood

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks everyone. It appears someone was a world traveler! I just found some more close to the same place I'll post shortly. It's been at least 50-75 years since this land was plowed for cotton.

ivobg

Jun 20, 2013
Forgot
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found the same schilling im my yard

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got that from the dirt out of just one plant hole, seems to me be worth doing a little more there.
I'm sure you thought of that.
G.L. out there.

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dawgwood said:
I was transplanting a couple of bushes this morning and when I dug the huge hole I decided to run my md over the holes as always. The hole was about 20 feet in front of our 200 year old cemetery. I have no idea what these are but one looks like an old broken blade. It is does not appear to be machine made and it was about 3 feet down. The cylinder was about 2 inches below the dirt and is about 4 inches long. The coins are a 1 pc schilling and says "Rebulik Ostereich" 1962. The small silver coin is completely slick on the back except for a circle reed and crown at the top and front says " Georgi-vs V Delgra" but can't read much more and no date. I would love to know the date on this!!

I think I'll go dig some more holes!

Dawgwood

**quick note that may help**
Most men don't use Eye makeup remover pads....so I thought I would pass my little trick along to you guys.......... if you put a few of these pads in a zip lock bag they keep forever in your pocket. This way you can clean a coin on the spot instead of waiting till you get home to see a date, or details of your find. They don't work well on iron objects but great on coins and jewelry! Buy oil free ones they work best.

What's weird is I find those those little co2 bottles all the time in California.
The kids "huff" on them to get high.

Northcal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions