2 DAY HUNT AT "HUNTED OUT SCHOOL"...

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my finds from a 2 day hunt at a school here in the area. It had a 1 room school house on the property at one time and then a newer/larger brick building took its place in the 50s and then a very large addition was added in the 70s bringing it to the present size it is today.

It has been hunted to death according to the local neighborhood folks that stop me and feel the need to explain this to me!

I myself have hunted the site/grounds at least 25 to 30 times over the last 11 yrs with several different machines (makers & models) including anything from cheaper machines like the ace 250 on up to a GTI 2500 - a Fisher CZ20 & 21 - a Whites DFX and the past 2 days my newest / fast becoming fav multi purpose machine - the AT Pro...

In the pictures we have 5 rings, 1 India copper bubble gum machine ring, 1 stainless steel band, 1 sterling silver ring, and 2 white gold rings one of which looks to be from the 40s/50s by design. There's also in the range of 130 to 150 coins including a silver roosie and 19 wheat cents circa 1913 thru the 40s - a copper womans makeup compact from new york (circa 1930s/40s) - 2 brass coat buttons from the 30s/40s - 1 large copper girls bracelet - several old (1940s) brass shotgun shell ends from U.S. Climax - a silver plated spoon - a square nail - a silver plated buckle and some odds & ends!

Remember - this is a "hunted out" site and that *I* personally have hunted it 25 to 30 times in the past as I said :-)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 3

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the past 2 days my newest / fast becoming fav multi purpose machine - the AT Pro...

Funny you should mention that, I have been a user of Garrett for a long time and when I picked up this hobby again, I went with the AT-Pro. I tested a few others before I got one. At first, I was thinking I might've made a mistake. But over the last couple of months this thing has begun to show me it's good. A rather, "sneaky" good. :)

I mean, it takes a bit of learning to understand what it's telling you, but man! It has been dynamite when I'm in mixed soil/finds/trash. I'm pretty convinced that the reason my silver coins aren't showing up as much as I thought they should, is that, I'm just not walking over them. The machine sounds off plenty well enough when I do hit one, and a lot deeper than I'd expect it to go. But, for some reason, the silver I'd expect to show up now and then. Like Roosies, Washington quarters, Mercs, just seem very few and far between. But, I suppose it's because I've been hunting places that predate them. :dontknow:

One thing I've noticed recently is that Indian Heads and old wheaties are sounding different and ringing up differently in the type soil I'm now working. In most the recent school grounds I used to learn the machine, I could state, Penny, Dime, Quarter, nickel, and be pretty sure of being right. For example, a penny was very consistent around 72-80, but in this ground, wheaties are showing up initially as around 65-70. After I dig a bit they seem to come up. If I got a consistent 65 at the schools, it almost always turned out to be a pulltab or can slaw.

Anyway, once I figured out what the hits sounded like in this ground, this thing has been blinking awesome! I'm still learning but I must say, I REALLY am liking my AT-Pro. It might be that I'm just learning my machine well and that ANY detector learned that well will seem "awesome". :)

Keep up the good work and just nod to the advice of "hunted out". Detectors have been around for what, 50 years or so? How long have people been losing things? No way we've found all that has been lost in just 50 years! LOL

HH!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually pretty tough to hunt out a spot although it happens.... The good thing about schools is that they are always being replinished!

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually pretty tough to hunt out a spot although it happens.... The good thing about schools is that they are always being replinished!

Only with new stuff and/or common change though!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds at the "Hunted out school".
An old man told me years ago you can't hunt a place out, As hared as you try you can't scan every sq. inch of a spot of land, Conditions change all the time.
Congrats and I'll bet the next time you go there you'll find something else...............................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread