2 days at Farrells Marsh park

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
2 days at Farrell's Marsh park

Spent the last 2 afternoons hunting at a local park in Stielacoom. Grand total of 1 quater, 4 dimes, 3 nickels and 24 pennies, all clad. Oldest was a 1965 dime. Also found a fired .50 cal round, a blank 7.62 M60 round unfired, a .223 M4 blank unfired, a live .22 round, 2 fired 20 gauge shells, over 30 fired .22 shell casings and 6 or 7 more fired shells of various calibers. Plus a whole lot of junk. This park butts up to JBLM so the blank ammo was not a surprise although the .50 cal projectile was unexpected as housing is less than 100 yards from where it was found:icon_scratch:. Invested about 8 hours into hunting and while the silvers eluded me, I had a great time. HH:thumbsup:

Upvote 3

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss that area. Lived there for 5 years, although 2 of those I was in Iraq. I never detected around there. Seems like Sunnyside beach would be a good place. How are the other parks there?

OP
OP
C

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm new to park hunting, I usually search old homesteads and farms. Always wanted to hunt Sunnyside or Chambers creek beaches... maybe someday. I did get a chance to hunt with the Puget Sound Treasure Hunting Club out at Fort Stielacoom park last Saturday. That place is loaded with clad and a few good finds were found. We hunted for 4 hours in rainy conditions and laid out our finds at the end. In a group of a dozen guys, I bet there was $50 to $80 in clad on the table afterwards plus several rings. Only 1 silver coin was dug but I found a silver earring with some nice gem stones as well for my big find. I'm going to try and get out there again this weekend. HH:thumbsup:

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs and nice jeep...I have a 59