Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday and Tuesday we were able to hunt with a multi decade relic hunter who invited us to Eastern Virginia for a little bit of CW and colonial relic hunting... He took us to two spots that he has thoroughly hunted in the past, with the intention of seeing what the Etrac could find that his machine may have missed... :wink:

The first site was several hundred acres of cotton fields. We had permission to work between the rows of plants. :) Not much came out of this site for me... I found three carbine bullets, a button, and a few other small items. One small brass piece has yet to be identified.... if you know what it is I'd appreciate the ID. My son on the other hand found a few goodies, including his first seated half dime and a bent large cent only about 2 minutes and 15 feet apart from each other. :icon_thumright: But those were the only finds in that area of the field... ???

The second day took us to a new site.... this one is now woods but was a campsite during the war... we stumbled onto an area with quite a few bullets.... I pulled 17, plus some melted pieces. Amazingly, there were no button signals! But I did manage to pull my 8th LC of the year. ;D Unfortunately, it is toast, as you can see in the picture. It was against a 2.5-3" oak tree about 4" deep, I'm wondering how deep it was until it was pushed up by the tree... :dontknow: My son pulled 5 more bullets and a button.... The other fellow dug 6 or 7... I guess I got lucky! ;D Everything was deep... the shallow ones were in the 6" range, the deepest one was as deep as my predator digger is long minus 1/2". :) I'm thankful it rained a few days earlier to soften the ground. ;D

My son will add to this thread with his finds...

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 6_7_10 hunt.jpg
    6_7_10 hunt.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 6_8_10 CW camp finds.jpg
    6_8_10 CW camp finds.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 599
  • unknown relic.jpg
    unknown relic.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, nice lead hall. I wonder what the cylindrical thing is

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
WTG I see that button shank. If you're digging them you know you're doing ok. :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice lead!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good pile of lead :icon_thumleft: out here i still have not found any 3 ringers lots and lots of muskets balls only i wonder why ? Good hunt Dd60

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys. :)

vayank54 said:
WTG I see that button shank. If you're digging them you know you're doing ok. :thumbsup:

Exactly my thoughts.... where this was dug was one very very well hunted site. :'(

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those are nice finds.

Digging those 3 ringers is alot of fun. I had a spot that was giving them up here. Don't wanna say where because it is a easily found spot.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions