Weekend at Bernie’s (1803 Farmhouse)

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Hey T-Netters. It’s been awhile since I posted anything decent!
I haven’t been getting out much and when I do, It’s always my favorite hunting spot.

Last Saturday I woke up and decided to drive down the road to an old farmhouse, a friend of mine lives in. The house is dated 1803 and is owned by a former Cleveland Browns quarterback. The house is supposed to be leveled to make way for a new development full of cheaply built houses for a high price within the next few years
The Farmhouse sits on 3 acres of land surrounded by 200+ acres of prime farming land.

My friend gave me permission last fall to hunt it and when I got there no one was home.
The rain clouds started moving in. So I grabbed my detector and headed to the front yard.

I was expecting a lot of trash but the detector was silent. After 5 minutes of nothing but the sound of threshold in my headphones. I got a decent high signal at 6 inches.
That could only be one thing. Silver!!

And what A surprise a 1899 Barber Quarter. I thought to myself. It gonna be a great day
Just then the rain started to fall. I dashed to the front porch to wait it out.
While sitting there waiting I was admiring the old marble slab that was part of the front walkway to the porch. It was engraved and was shocked to find out it was a grave marker
Dated 1857. I later found out it was the young son of the original builder of the house.

The rain let up a bit and I started hunting again. I found myself running for the porch
Between cloud bursts for about 2 hours. I finally gave up and headed for home.

The next morning I was there early. It was windy with scattered light rain.
I started where I left off and it wasn’t long after that I started hitting targets.
These are the finds for Saturday and Sunday about 5 hours total.
The only trash that I dug was a old pull-tab and a crusty nail.
I will let the pictures speak for themselves..
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
5.jpg

I will be going back there soon!

HH
ZoSo71

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man them are my favorite kind of finds!!!!! nice marble and other goodies :icon_thumleft: i hunted a old place like that had a head stone for a step also... MR TUFF

Attachments

• Photo009.jpg
    Photo009.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 705

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
looks like ya got a nice spot! i have herd of old markers being used for walk ways and such. but have never seen it. willy

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds man,

Been a long time. Glad to see your still out and around.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread