VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We invited our friend tenn. digger (Donnie) to hunt with us today. Our focus was two early 1800s home sites. In the morning, we hunted a site Donnie had discovered over 20 years ago. This site was where a Revolutionary War Veteran and his family lived during the early 1800s. Donnie had only hunted the old home three times and felt that the site might still hold more relics. Donnie dug a nice flat button that had a waffling design on it. He also dug a cuff button that had a squirrel sitting on a log eating an acorn. That will make a nice addition to his sporting button collection. We all dug buttons, a few musket balls, & brass relics. Site #1 finds for the 2.5 hour hunt are shown on the darker blue towel. Donnie had the best iron find-a curry comb. I thought I had dug the only brass drawer pull for the day but Doug trumped me at site # 2 with a huge brass pull after lunch. Doug & Donnie are shown standing in the old family cemetery there.
Site # 2 was a late 1700s home site near a large spring. This home belonged to a Captain who was an officer in Gen. Andrew Jackson’s Army. Doug had the best find on our 2 hour hunt with a brass “Neck Stock” buckle worn by army Officers that dates to the late 1700s. Donnie said he has only seen 2 of those dug in 40+ years of detecting. Our finds for that hunt are shown on the light blue towel. The buckle is shown in the last pic.
Note-The 2 brass cartridges in the pic are examples of WW2 army maneuvers that we routinely dig in our area. These 2 were dated "42" & "43" on the base indicating a 1942 & 1943 manufacture date code. They were unfired.

We all dug several pieces of very early Tennessee history and enjoyed the day hunting together. HH from Donnie, Doug, & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0994 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0994 (640x480).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCN0992 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0992 (640x480).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN0996 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0996 (640x480).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN0997 (640x477).jpg
    DSCN0997 (640x477).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Upvote 10

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy...I had a lot of fun today hunting with you guys. Doug's neck stock buckle is a great find, don't see too many of them in this part of the country and I appreciate you having a picture of my old buddy Doug Drake. Lets do it again sometime but check some different places. The video turned out great also, good job.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWEsome that "Revo War" Soldier , home site and those mighty relics is as close as it gets to looking like a "Southern New Jersey hunt " in your Great State of Tennessee.

Has to be a few more goodies there ..... a neck stock buckle :o that's unusual .

I liked that place Q :hello2:

dawg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going back as far as you can go here…….. and recovering relics. Quality relics. The next step is go for artifacts and go back 12,000 years. Great hunt guys. I wish I had the time to give it like you all do. Until then I will enjoy your finds and videos.
HH
TnMtns

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Bud 220 Select
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...looks like fun. Good hunting and thanks for sharing and taking us along!!!
SAFE & Happy Detecting!!!!
Dave
8-)

master_cat

Mar 10, 2012
tennessee
Detector(s) used
fisher f75 se
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys did the kind of hunting i normaly do i hit alot of these old housesites i find old flattys i need to film more of my digs i often forget to loved the vid congrats on the cool stuff

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO!!! You guys crack me up. Doug's comment, "It's all about size, isn't it Quindy?" :laughing7:
Looks like a fun time, and some nice relics dug. :thumbsup: What is a neck stock buckle anyways?
Thanks for shooting the videos Q. Great job.
Your Yankee son,
DUHg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy...I had a lot of fun today hunting with you guys. Doug's neck stock buckle is a great find, don't see too many of them in this part of the country and I appreciate you having a picture of my old buddy Doug Drake. Lets do it again sometime but check some different places. The video turned out great also, good job.

Thanks Donnie. We picked a good day to hunt as tomorrow is to have a 11 deg. wind chill by 3 pm. Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AWEsome that "Revo War" Soldier , home site and those mighty relics is as close as it gets to looking like a "Southern New Jersey hunt " in your Great State of Tennessee.

Has to be a few more goodies there ..... a neck stock buckle :o that's unusual .

I liked that place Q :hello2:

dawg

They were not mill sites Dawg but they were fun. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are going back as far as you can go here…….. and recovering relics. Quality relics. The next step is go for artifacts and go back 12,000 years. Great hunt guys. I wish I had the time to give it like you all do. Until then I will enjoy your finds and videos.
HH
TnMtns
I'm getting behind on my CW relic count for 2014 Richard due to these house hunts-LOL. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys did the kind of hunting i normaly do i hit alot of these old housesites i find old flattys i need to film more of my digs i often forget to loved the vid congrats on the cool stuff

Thanks Brent. It takes a lot of effort to make the videos and it cuts into my digging time. It makes it worthwhile when people say they enjoy them and learn something. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LMAO!!! You guys crack me up. Doug's comment, "It's all about size, isn't it Quindy?" :laughing7:
Looks like a fun time, and some nice relics dug. :thumbsup: What is a neck stock buckle anyways?
Thanks for shooting the videos Q. Great job.
Your Yankee son,
DUHg
MM, Donnie says they were used on the high collars used by early Amereican officers in the Rev. War and later. HH, Q.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you guys, I think maybe your a little tough on Doug? I like that you can have fun together and bust each others chops. I really liked your video, you really have your "geek" on, making a good quality production like that Quindy. Thanks for sharing. HH

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
from wikipedia
The town of Nashville was founded by James Robertson, John Donelson, and a party of Overmountain Men in 1779, near the original Cumberland settlement of Fort Nashborough. It was named for Francis Nash, the American Revolutionary War hero. Nashville quickly grew because of its strategic location, accessibility as a river port, and its later status as a major railroad center. In 1806, Nashville was incorporated as a city and became the county seat of Davidson County, Tennessee. In 1843, the city was named the permanent capital of the state of Tennessee.

It WAS a beautiful day to hunt yesterday ! 55 degrees in sunny Tennessee !

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on those early house sites from time to time Quindy. It's a nice break from the 3 ringers, cleaner bullets, and camp lead. You might get a nice War of 1812 button, a reale or a King George copper. That neck stock buckle is a nice find. If you can find a neck stock buckle there, you could find a military button from the same period.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Q, what a great variety of finds! I would love to see the sporting button cleaned up. I'm not that familiar with Rev. War items, but I would think the neck stock buckle would be pretty rare. It looks like y'all had a fun time. Way to go :thumbsup:

:)
Breezie

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs boys:icon_thumleft:

Quindy that neck stock is a real rare sweet find:headbang:

The hundreds of Colonial sites i hunt i have never found one:dontknow:

Makes me wonder they must be a prominent decor at the time i hunt these old poor farmer cellars:blackbeard:

Blaze

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
I knew when DMan found that buckle that it was pretty rare but if Johnnyblaze has never found one in his part of the country, then it is SUPER rare to dig one down here. The man that lived in that house was in the Kentucky militia in the late 1700's and was a Major General in the war of 1812. DMan made a real historical find no doubt. Hunting with Quindy and Doug is always a lot of fun. We made a full day of it and my legs are still sore!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And wasn't it a beautiful day to be out diggin! LOVE the buttons and buckles! Ya'll did good! 8-)
:hello:Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread