VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last spring, Dman and I invited a young friend of ours (TENN JOSH) to go relic hunting with us at a CSA Cavalry Camp. Last Wednesday, he reciprocated by inviting us to go to another CSA Cavalry Camp. The Tennessee rain we needed all summer decided to play catch up on Wednesday and we had to cancel With drizzle expected today, we decided to go anyway as Josh had discovered a new place to hunt away from the main camp near a large spring. Apparently, he read the article Dman and I wrote and was published in the August issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine concerning relic hunting perimeter areas near large camps. That's why I sent him a copy.
He (Josh) recovered the relics in the second pic at the new site over the last week. He almost had a heart attack when he dug the #1 cow tag. He called me on his cell phone and I had to give him the bad news from my home about his "unknown relic" being a brass cow tag. He has done very well with his Fisher F75 since he received it only a couple of weeks ago.
Josh and I had our Fisher F75s today and Dman had his new F75 LTD with the boost feature. Dman had the find of the day during our wet 6 hour hunt with a Tranter pistol bullet but Josh dug his first Sharps Carbine bullet. Our combined uncleaned finds are shown in the first pic with the red background. The bone handled eating knife dug by Dman was a good find too. Happy hunting from Tennessee!!!

Attachments

• CS Finds F75s.jpg
    CS Finds F75s.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 956
  • Josh\'s Box.jpg
    Josh\'s Box.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 934
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You three FISHERman did pretty well there on the CW relics VOL. :thumbsup:
Nice job on the lead.
I think I would have been pretty excited if I dug that unknown tag up too. ;D :wink:
Congrats guys.
Next time I predict a few eagle buttons will be found. :thumbsup:
-MM-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! Is that bullet to the right of the .58 cal three-ringer in the first photo a carved bullet?

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Way to go Quindy. It's good to hear your out digging again and some great finds to boot.
I just got the F75 LTD today myself, I'm itching to get out and giver a try.
Good luck and hope you have a great weekend.

John

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Great stuff! Is that bullet to the right of the .58 cal three-ringer in the first photo a carved bullet?
BB, that's the .39 cal. Tranter pistol bullet found by Dman. It's a tear drop shape and closely matches M&M #91 although I forgot to measure it before Dman took it home with him. That's a bullet not found very often. I have never found one. Our feeble attempt to clean the relics up left a little mud on the bullets. It's not like we didn't have enough water. Thanks for looking and HH.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You all done good.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring with the "spike",in the right of your frame is a ring on the end of a trap chain.Nice finds!!!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
kuger said:
The ring with the "spike",in the right of your frame is a ring on the end of a trap chain.Nice finds!!!!
Thanks Kuger, I'll make sure Josh knows this. Thanks for looking and HH.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, how could anyone be against this hobby, look at the history saved.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
kuger said:
Thanks Kuger, I'll make sure Josh knows this. Thanks for looking and HH.
:icon_thumleft:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
BuckleBoy said:
BB, that's the .39 cal. Tranter pistol bullet found by Dman. It's a tear drop shape and closely matches M&M #91 although I forgot to measure it before Dman took it home with him. That's a bullet not found very often. I have never found one. Our feeble attempt to clean the relics up left a little mud on the bullets. It's not like we didn't have enough water. Thanks for looking and HH.

You may have never found one, but I have never even Seen a .39 cal Tranter! :o

Those are GREAT finds!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great finds I enjoyed the day even if it was a little wet. Post the Memorial penny I found and maybe you will get more lookers. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread