VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last spring, Dman and I invited a young friend of ours (TENN JOSH) to go relic hunting with us at a CSA Cavalry Camp. Last Wednesday, he reciprocated by inviting us to go to another CSA Cavalry Camp. The Tennessee rain we needed all summer decided to play catch up on Wednesday and we had to cancel With drizzle expected today, we decided to go anyway as Josh had discovered a new place to hunt away from the main camp near a large spring. Apparently, he read the article Dman and I wrote and was published in the August issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine concerning relic hunting perimeter areas near large camps. That's why I sent him a copy.
He (Josh) recovered the relics in the second pic at the new site over the last week. He almost had a heart attack when he dug the #1 cow tag. He called me on his cell phone and I had to give him the bad news from my home about his "unknown relic" being a brass cow tag. He has done very well with his Fisher F75 since he received it only a couple of weeks ago.
Josh and I had our Fisher F75s today and Dman had his new F75 LTD with the boost feature. Dman had the find of the day during our wet 6 hour hunt with a Tranter pistol bullet but Josh dug his first Sharps Carbine bullet. Our combined uncleaned finds are shown in the first pic with the red background. The bone handled eating knife dug by Dman was a good find too. Happy hunting from Tennessee!!!

Attachments

• CS Finds F75s.jpg
    CS Finds F75s.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 957
  • Josh\'s Box.jpg
    Josh\'s Box.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 935
Upvote 0
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana40 said:
:o Good huntin' there ya'll! :icon_pirat: ....And you found a mem penny, Burt?! :notworthy: ;D

Nana :wink:
Sorry John and Bama Nana but I refuse to post clad or modern pennies.
Note to F75 users-we noticed that in these wet conditions that bullet readings were much less than we had seen before. CW bullets normally read around 58 in our soil but they read much less on Friday. Some actually read in the 30s. Thanks to all who replied from the 3 of us and we should have more posts in the near future. HH.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266-X said:
Nana40 said:
:o Good huntin' there ya'll! :icon_pirat: ....And you found a mem penny, Burt?! :notworthy: ;D

Nana :wink:
Sorry John and Bama Nana but I refuse to post clad or modern pennies.
Note to F75 users-we noticed that in these wet conditions that bullet readings were much less than we had seen before. CW bullets normally read around 58 in our soil but they read much less on Friday. Some actually read in the 30s. Thanks to all who replied from the 3 of us and we should have more posts in the near future. HH.
You are just jealous because you didn't fine a mem. penny. And it was shinny also. :icon_cyclops_ani:

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and finds guys! BTW Dman those mem pennies are so plentiful they have been dug on the moon, lol.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics guys. Good saves. You guys ever hunt towards Chattanooga?
HH
TnMountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
TnMountains said:
Nice relics guys. Good saves. You guys ever hunt towards Chattanooga?
HH
TnMountains
Yes we have.

Its all good between here and Nashville or Knoxville or Atlanta or in your own back yard. :laughing7:
Nice to see Tennessee Relics.
TnMtns

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice....maybe my F75 can do that too.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rjw4law said:
Nice....maybe my F75 can do that too.
Thanks for looking guys-The F75 has an uncanny ability to separate targets. We found that the area we hunted Friday had been hunted hard over 20 years ago. Detectors back then could not distinguish between the iron nails that were abundant near that spring (including lots of horseshoes) and the bullets. Therefore. even though the former relic hunters spent many hours there, they missed the relics we found because the iron masked the bullets. In a yard, the F75 will read 8,9,60,8,6,8. The 60 will most likely be a silver dime. We should have more F75 input after we return from VA in a couple of weeks. HH.

Elliott Ness

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac / Garett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics. It looks like you guys had some fun diggin. Here's my brass cow tag, and I also got very exicted when I dug it. Good joband keep them coming. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 276
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ok oil said:
very nice finds guys can i ask what settings do you use. dave
I was hunting in "All metal motion" with Sensitivity set at "80". All other settings were set at factory defaults. We are still playing with the settings. We have easy soil to hunt so we did not fastgrab ground balance very often as required by highly mineralized sites. Thanks for looking!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread