2 good old Nickels

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks been awhile since I been on here but did have some good luck over the week. Didn't have a chance to detect some area I wanted to because of the rain and the holiday. I live in a small town just North of CB/Omaha area and I had to stop for gas after work. Walk in grabed a Mt Dew to drink and pay the lady for the gas. After handing her a $30.00 she gave my change back and I walked off. After a 15 min. ride to town and change rattling in my pocket which I hate. I took the change out and put them in my change jar when I got home. As I was looking at the change I noticed 2 different looking Nickels so turned them over and looked for the dates and saw it said 1867 and the other 1927 both in VG condition. Wow Im thinking you just dont get change like this no more. Sorry no pics camera is missing.

Upvote 0

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got an 1867 shield nickel in change!?!?!?

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YA which was surprising w/out rays of course but still a good find.

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Very nice IA. You found my avatar, and only 22 miles from where I found mine, except mine was 5 inches deep. Hope you guys are doing OK with this rain we had. I know last year sure was a mess. Congrats on the finds. JJ

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's awesome!! i'm happy if i find a silver dime in change!

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
When I lived in Boston, I'd get mercury dimes from time to time... but your nickels have me beat! Awesome change finds!

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Big congrats! I found a silver rosie the other day in my change from Walmart and while walking back to my car in the dark, I dropped it, but could not find it anywhere. They were doing construction in the parking lot and the lot lights were removed so I was completely unable to find it in the dark. :(

Greg

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that sucks :( but hey maybe later you get a better one but this time keep in your pocket till you get home LOL. I did have a good day at work though found a old 8" artillery round that someone threw away as junk. Talk about a scare from someone getting back from Iraq. Ill get a pic up soon.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
starwarsblazer said:
Big congrats! I found a silver rosie the other day in my change from Walmart and while walking back to my car in the dark, I dropped it, but could not find it anywhere. They were doing construction in the parking lot and the lot lights were removed so I was completely unable to find it in the dark. :(

Greg

Knowing me . . . I would have went right back into walmart and bought a flashlight just to find that dime! :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread