May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to the field which was the rough ankle breaker. Good news was it was rolled, not perfect but far better. This makes all the difference :)

You know you can have confidence in your machine when you get a cut Qrter as small as this one!

Halfgroat of James I, first issue of his reign 1603-04. Whats impressive about this one is that I placed it over the Spinks example in the book and it was 1mm bigger all the way around. An overweight halfgroat is pretty rare. This is a nice addition to the album ;D

I'm on fire with the hammered this year, can't wait until I get on one of my better hammered fields :wink:

Bits.......

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 630
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 638
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 613
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 613
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
That is a small piece to find, congratulations!

Sometimes I'm surprised at the size of things found like this & tiny pinhead pieces of lead as they sound so loud I'm expecting a large button or similar! Great machine the XP.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pieces of silver :thumbsup:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
that was a good two hours :o

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Myself and others would love to see a scan, (or two, three) of all the Hammer's you've dug. Has to be an impressive collection. You're killing us over hear in the new country.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curbdiggercarl57 said:
WTG! Myself and others would love to see a scan, (or two, three) of all the Hammer's you've dug. Has to be an impressive collection. You're killing us over hear in the new country.

Must be about 200 plus the ones I've given the various farmers. One day I may post them all in the Best section.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Returned to the field which was the rough ankle breaker. Good news was it was rolled, not perfect but far better. This makes all the difference :)

You know you can have confidence in your machine when you get a cut Qrter as small as this one!

Halfgroat of James I, first issue of his reign 1603-04. Whats impressive about this one is that I placed it over the Spinks example in the book and it was 1mm bigger all the way around. An overweight halfgroat is pretty rare. This is a nice addition to the album ;D

I'm on fire with the hammered this year, can't wait until I get on one of my better hammered fields :wink:

Bits.......
Told you it was good :thumbsup: quarter was one of the first hammered I found with the XP also :) the half groat looks like it was dropped early in it's life, they doesn't seem to be any signs of clipping, but it hasn't fared well in your heavy soil conditions, if you had found that in my neck of the woods it probably would have been a very good coin, still a very nice find . (never had a James of any denomination)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
seger98 said:
That is a small piece to find, congratulations!

Sometimes I'm surprised at the size of things found like this & tiny pinhead pieces of lead as they sound so loud I'm expecting a large button or similar! Great machine the XP.
Wait till you get the cordless phones :o they will blow your head off :D

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Awesome CRU....
I can find the small stuff also, but it's usually a lost snap off of clothing!!! :tongue3:

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I don't care who you are, Now that there is funny. - Larry the Cable Guy

Sure applies here. ;D

Daryl

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
curbdiggercarl57 said:

Must be about 200 plus the ones I've given the various farmers. One day I may post them all in the Best section.
Maybe I will do that too, who knows. Never counted them yet, would be neat to know how many hammered I really have.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:

Bits.......
Told you it was good :thumbsup: quarter was one of the first hammered I found with the XP also :) the half groat looks like it was dropped early in it's life, they doesn't seem to be any signs of clipping, but it hasn't fared well in your heavy soil conditions, if you had found that in my neck of the woods it probably would have been a very good coin, still a very nice find . (never had a James of any denomination)

I have never found a cut quarter (penny, half penny or half groat) that was clipped. I guess they could have
been, but just never found one yet. I have read that the gov't also produced halfs and quarter pennies, don't
know if that was so though. But if true that could be the reason that its in new condition, was done in the mint.

Halfs and quarters and their sharp corners must have been hard on the pockets (happy for us of course!)... ;D

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cru, really neat finds, nice hammereds too! Yes your hammered count (and I must
say also your button count also) will break all expectations this year. Sure don't know
how many digits you will need for your guess for 2010 then. I would like to see a list
of your ex petitions for 2009 if you have it...

Another thing that you find are many lead tokens. I sure don't understand that, I have
never really found one in all my years in your country. That is a real neat one in the
second photo top left, if that is one of course.

Great searching for a couple of hours! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions