2 hours, as always, unusually many coins

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
GRUESS GOTT!!!

Got out today for 2 hours on the field which is quite far away from modern civilization, but probably there was a road to the next "big" town, so I did not know what to expect.
Surprizingly found 20 coins, although most of them are in very bad state. Another surprise - two 50g weights (never found such before).

2006-06-07.jpg

First find today - 2 mark dated 1962, with face of Max Plank (never found before)

2mark1962d.jpg

Pin of german association of people which save other people on the water (rescuers?) from 1920s-1940s. Never found before :)

dlrg.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH

Sand

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of coins.Looks like you have a sweet spot there.I like the pin the most.Have you detected this area before?

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
vic910 said:
Those are some great finds! I especially like the key hole plate!

vicki

Nobody can imagine how happy I was when saw that nice key hole plate in the hole. I have never seen such beautiful things before!

diggummup said:
That's a lot of coins.Looks like you have a sweet spot there.I like the pin the most.Have you detected this area before?

No, this field was new for me, and it looks like there was small market - almost all coins and weights were in the area ~5x5m.

HH, Sand

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi sand that german surf life saving badge is an awsome find and only a couple of countries in the world had a national surf lifesaving ass. in 1920s -1940s.most countries had surf lifesaving clubs but not a national ass. until the 1950s.great find and awsome piece of history.DLRG og Grimmen is still the used name of german surf lifesaving ass.

tinpan

J

jamesfrompa

Nice selection of coins. Hope to see more of your posts in the near future.
James

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Sand, Looks like your detector is working fine. :)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always interesting finds Sand. Thanks for sharing and good luck. Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread