2 Large cents + cool patterned colonial buttons

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
It's been a while since the twins and I got out to hunt the colonial Pennsylvania farm fields. We took a couple of weeks off to refresh our batteries and drive to some new spots. Scouting these new sites is almost as fun as swinging the coil over the bountiful fields. Kyle and I went yesterday to talk to some landowners. It never ceases to amaze me the decent , salt of the earth farmers that we meet and converse with on a Saturday afternoon. Just goes to show that it pays to ask. After securing the all important head nod we hit the field on this Sunday morning. The weather was much more comfortable today than recently.Very little humidity but it was warm. I can take the heat. It is the humidity that drags me down. Not a whole lot of signals but the ones we did get were pretty good ones. I found 2 coppers total. A nice shape Draped bust 1806 and a decent if corroded 1849 Braided hair largie. I was more impressed with a button I found. Most of my flat buttons are blank and boring usually but today was different. Check out this cool designed copper colonial flat button. No back marks. The other one with a design is a small Tomback with also cool markings. A harness buckle, pottery shards and half a small musket ball finished out my day. It was nice to once again get out . Fall is right around the corner and the fever is increasing.
Chris

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 895
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 897
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 889
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 890
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 872
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My drought continues. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: At least you and Kyle got some nice ones today. :hello2: I guess back to the grind next weekend. :dontknow: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Kirk

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That IS a cool pattern Chris and a few Copper's to boot.....Where's Kirk :help: ;D Congrat's :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
civilman1 said:
That IS a cool pattern Chris and a few Copper's to boot.....Where's Kirk :help: ;D Congrat's :icon_thumright:
Kirk had a frustrating day. He hasn't found a copper since April. I told him that he is still ahead of me for coppers 2010.
Chris

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to get a dug button nicer than that one! Nothing wrong with that day at all. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
My drought continues. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: At least you and Kyle got some nice ones today. :hello2: I guess back to the grind next weekend. :dontknow: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Kirk

Does this help? I think my picture only grades VG now with all the wear from multiple postings! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Attachments

• skunk_mobile.jpg
    skunk_mobile.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 804
  • skunk_mobile.jpg
    skunk_mobile.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 807

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful buttons! congrats on the coppa's! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I'm glad we got back to hunting the fields today. The short break felt good, though.

The Draped Bust made your day! The beautifully-designed brass button is sweet!

I'll post my copper tomorrow! She ain't nothing to look at, but it is what it is and beggers can't be choosers!

Overall good hunt for us! Permission Mission next week is on the horizon!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Chris, Love the Draped Bust and that first flatty! :headbang: :headbang: That's on of the coolest, most intricate designed flatties that I've seen, simply beautiful! :wink:

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got to get out. I have not been out much at all. That button is awesome and the coppers are pretty nice also!! HH!! :thumbsup:

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
That button is incredible...I like digging sweet looking buttons as much as coppers...Congrats on some sweet finds :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The second rarist date for a Draped Bust Largie. One of these days a 1804 Large cent will be found by my group. Wishful thinking.
Chris

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool button :icon_thumright:, sure wish that it could tell us it's history.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool button with phenomenal patina to boot!!! :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the coins, but I really like the buttons with the designs - especially the one with the sweet patina!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions