2 nice buttons and other relics

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks and hope this note finds you well. Well, the snow hit a few days ago and I'm afraid unless we get a solid warm stretch it may be here to stay, at least in the hills. Perhaps I'll get a few more chances on the valley floor in a week or two - who knows. C'est la vie in the North Country. Anyway, here's some pics from my past few hunts. Got skunked again on the older coins (just a 1948 wheatie), but did manage a few nice buttons including a WW1 Great Seal coat button (1902-1920 or so per the age of the site) and a West Chicago Street Railway conductors button (c. 1887-1913) which was one of the early precursors to the Chicago Transit Authority system established later on in the 1940s. Why that was at a Vermont cellar hole - who knows? but it was my favorite of this set of finds. Also pulled a Victorian era padlock (Eagle Lock Co.) from the shores of Lake Champlain, two (perhaps 3) reigns guides, crotal bell and a cool little spoon from the Clara Barton Red Cross Society. The zoom shot actually has her bust in the bowl. I'm thinking c. 1900 on a date but not 100% positive - online resources provided a hit, but were vague. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

John

P.S. check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2KYR33NeJjLAwgOLib30A if you have time.

wideshot.png Great_seal.png rr_button.png reigns_guides.png Eagle_padlock.png Clara_Barton_medicine_spoon.png ring.png flower_button.png crotal1.png crotal2.png

Upvote 13

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buttons are cool along with the rest of the finds.. Good job

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBTV Digger. That is an impressive bunch of finds. Good Luck. C9

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, great collection of finds there. love that crown silverplate spoon. very cool lock also. congrats! i sent you an invite to the east coast relic hunters. you would fit in with the group, if you'd like to join!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread