woodtick

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this stuff on the old homestead. Does anyone know what that valve stem cover would have fit? It says Schraders Universal Valve Bklyn NY and the patent date is 1916. Any guesses on how old the locks are? These finds for me were exceptional for this farm which has been in our family since 1881. The shells are 2 WRA 40-65 WCF and 1 WRA 32 SPL and a few REM-UMC 32 Spl. The suspender clip is Wilson patent 1888. Felt lucky. The military button I have in a separate post and believe it be my GG Grandfathers from the Mex. War. Hard to top it!

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 154
Upvote 9

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice OLD lock, thimble, search the Reese lock for age. now find a UMC .50-70 or .45-70 before Remington bought 'em in 1860's. ya' know there is silver in that dirt :icon_thumright:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello woodtick. Exceptional finds alright especially with the family connection. Good Luck. C9

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love that old lock. be really cool to find the key. also see some harmonica reeds there. one is rolled up? i love when i find one of those, usually means going to hit more stuff. congrats!!!!!!!!!!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds. Nice to have a centennial farm in the family! There are going to be bucket lister's there.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the good luck token, and well, everything else. Nice batch of finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old relics with those finds theres gotta be many more goodies. Thanks for sharing em!!!!!!!

OP
OP
W

woodtick

Tenderfoot
Oct 12, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, BH Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to mention that for probably the first time ever I went SLOW with the coil swinging. I've detected many hours here the past 4 years or so and have found some nice relics but nothing like these. The first 3 were with a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. Around the farm buildings it was practically useless because of all the ferrous. I did find some nice old wrenches and an axe head in the fields and woods. I got the AT Pro last spring with the standard double D coil which makes the buildings more challenging because of increased coverage but going slow really helped cherry pick some items. That military button was in a spot I head been before with the Bounty Hunter but the iron must have masked the signal (or I was going too fast). I want to go back but winter finally showed up so it'll have to wait ;)

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. I always like the old pad locks, often referred to as "smokehouse locks". From my past research, the one you have dates back to the 1860s. A very close match with this one made by Davenport, Mallory & Co 1860-1864. Congrats and thanks for sharing!
lock.jpg

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool suspender clip. Never seen one like it....even has some nickel plating still attached. Great finds, keep hitting that place

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to mention that for probably the first time ever I went SLOW with the coil swinging. I've detected many hours here the past 4 years or so and have found some nice relics but nothing like these. The first 3 were with a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. Around the farm buildings it was practically useless because of all the ferrous. I did find some nice old wrenches and an axe head in the fields and woods. I got the AT Pro last spring with the standard double D coil which makes the buildings more challenging because of increased coverage but going slow really helped cherry pick some items. That military button was in a spot I head been before with the Bounty Hunter but the iron must have masked the signal (or I was going too fast). I want to go back but winter finally showed up so it'll have to wait ;)

When you get the cash to buy the sniper coil, buy one you can get in between the ferrous targets to find some silver it has a tiny coil to pinpoint better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread