2 Ounces - plus of Bracelet

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
57.7 grams, 18K. This came out of soft sand so, I'm lucky that I decided to "march" it otherwise it would have likely just slithered down deeper, like heavy stuff does if you don't get it right off. Found with a GQA2, third machine I'd had in that section. It did the job because the tunable SAT gave a good threshold.
cjc
http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/clivesgoldpagehome.html

Attachments

• diego.jpg
    diego.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,218
Upvote 0

Shoe

Nov 18, 2007
Addison Township, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice find! You could put an ad in the local paper and see if Diego claims it.... :D

What do you mean by "march it"? And were you on dry sand at the beach, or in the water?

OP
OP
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Sorry I should have clarified for any "landlubbers." A lot of times in soft sand in the water, if you miss a heavy target on the first scoop it goes deeper. The solution is to stand on top of it and march some sand off before you scoop. This brings it within range of the first dig. Saves a lot of lost targets.
cjc

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!,, suoer nice find,, Congrats!!!
I was wondering about the " March" myself,, glad you clarified it....
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> you can stick the link to your Website in your profile and it will always show up under you avatar...

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! That's really a nice find. 

I checked your website out.  That is incredible all your finds.  For what little I get to hunt the amount I find isn't too bad, but now I see what a real dedicated hunter can find.  I was getting out maybe 5 hours per week and found on average 2 good items in that period.

In the past before I got into the hobby I always had doubts about the finds, now I don't.  It's incredible what people lose.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions