2 railroad tokens dug up what are they worth?

rccrazybill

Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these on one of my metal detecting ventures. i can't find any info on them. Can anyone help?:BangHead: back.jpg front.jpg

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe they're subway, trolly, bus or streetcar tokens. Probably date from the 1930s to 1960s. Big city transit tokens are not too rare, but pretty common. I'm not sure of the value of these, but I'd guess a buck or two each.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
At a trade show, gun show or flea market in Texas $3-$5 each, though they will take $2. I have sold several and bought a couple too. They go for more sometimes on ebay, but don't know if they get that price. If you're not too old, hang on to them. They will only increase in value.

OP
OP
R

rccrazybill

Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info , I was curious because I found them in the woods near my house in PA , hours from any passanger train.:laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are they worth? Maybe a round trip ride? (Just kidding). Boston and NYC used to have tokens, too. Now they use paper cards. Tokens were so much cooler - and environmentally better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread