Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Excalibur 800
Minelab SD2200
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my Excal 800 out for its second spin today. I went to one of my small swimmen holes that I have hammered hard this year. Its a small place on the lake at a POA Golf course. I got some Silver and Gold at this place this year with my AT-Gold, but I wanted to see what I was leaving behind. The ATG had gone silent on this place and I new anything I was going to find today would be deep. I had my Excal set disc. on, vol. max, sens at about 10 oclock, disc 1. I did do a lot of swithching back and forth between disc. and pp. Just for fun I took it out into neck deep water just to see if she leaked, she's all good. I really like the sound of disc mode, but I do think pp goes deeper or locks on to targets better. All of the targets were at least 8" deep and I did have scrub them out. The Exalibur has no problem with my heavy black sand. 2 rings and a hair thingy all Junk. I got to find Gold or Silver quick to get the skunk smell off it:laughing7:

2012-09-23211252_zpsaba8cb8c.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fared better then me. This morning I got 31 cents and a "direct order" from a gentleman demanding yet a second time, "I thought I told you to stop what you're doing and come find my ring." So, just to let everyone know, as far as I know there is still a very expensive man's ring about a quarter mile south of 27th street. Man he pi$$ed me OFF! That's the first and only time I ever said....."I don't think so."

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big scoop , there are ways of asking-especially favours. let him look for it himself and you goback later. steve

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
You fared better then me. This morning I got 31 cents and a "direct order" from a gentleman demanding yet a second time, "I thought I told you to stop what you're doing and come find my ring." So, just to let everyone know, as far as I know there is still a very expensive man's ring about a quarter mile south of 27th street. Man he pi$$ed me OFF! That's the first and only time I ever said....."I don't think so."

Hope you do find it,then keep it lol. I would have kept on swing'n looked at him and said"Did you say something"

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What you should have told him was "Dont worry, I'll find it when your not around thanks"

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting next hunt.
Welcome in TNet

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sounds like the individual's personality is a cross between a buzz saw and a blow torch!

You gave him an answer he deserved.

Lorraine

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the individual's personality is a cross between a buzz saw and a blow torch!

You gave him an answer he deserved.

Lorraine

Been a "looooong" time since I encountered this type of individual. I mean, he just wasn't getting it. At first I thought he was just in a panic, but nope, he was simply and in your face, 24k, well.....you you can guess. :laughing7:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wishing you more treasures next time around:icon_thumright:,,HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread