DEUS I having a problem if anyone has run across this ?

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longtime DEUS I & II user and the DEUS II has a volume control but not the DEUS I, and now I'm having a hard time hearing the targets like the Volume has been turned way down... First noticed it about a month ago...
but still doing it. I went through all the settings and I can't find anything...
Anybody have this happen ? My machine is about 5 years old.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Longtime DEUS I & II user and the DEUS II has a volume control but not the DEUS I, and now I'm having a hard time hearing the targets like the Volume has been turned way down... First noticed it about a month ago...
but still doing it. I went through all the settings and I can't find anything...
Anybody have this happen ? My machine is about 5 years old.
Through the headphones or speaker?

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaker, as I don't generally use headphones.
Plug a set of headphones I have h. ad a few machines over the years that the speaker quit , I mostly use headphones or you could send in for repair.....

Reactions: Ism

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plug a set of headphones I have h. ad a few machines over the years that the speaker quit , I mostly use headphones or you could send in for repair.....
Great idea. If you find the wired headset works properly, I suggest opening up the remote (remove the back cover) and disconnect the battery for 2-3 minutes. Sometimes powered electronics glitch and retain the fault and won't reset unless all power is removed. Pretty easy to do on the D1. You need a miniature screwdriver or small needle nose pliers to unplug the battery connector. It's a bad idea to unplug the connector by pulling on the wires. At least this will tell you if it's a gremlin or a bad speaker.

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. If you find the wired headset works properly, I suggest opening up the remote (remove the back cover) and disconnect the battery for 2-3 minutes. Sometimes powered electronics glitch and retain the fault and won't reset unless all power is removed. Pretty easy to do on the D1. You need a miniature screwdriver or small needle nose pliers to unplug the battery connector. It's a bad idea to unplug the connector by pulling on the wires. At least this will tell you if it's a gremlin or a bad speaker.
So yesterday I tried with a wired headphone, and although I could hear something, anytime I hit a target the sound would fade to nothing so it didn't work.
If I had it mounted on the pole, I hardly could hear it, so I ended up carrying it in my hand next to my ear, where I could hear it ok. I'm going to try to update it and see if that does anything and also I'm going to contact DEUS to see if there is anything that can be done without sending it in.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably not much help, but FWIW...

My headphones (WSA II-XL) faded out & quit the other day, so I had to use the RC speaker for the last hole.

After I got home, it turned out the headphones had just run low. After recharging, everything worked fine again--didn't even lose pairing.

What I did notice was the difference in sound between speaker & phones--a lot more than I had previously thought. I had to hold the RC right up against my ear to get the same... subtleties. I think it made me appreciate the phones and the Dēus II all the more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread