2 seated 2 barbers in 2 days! (What is the fastest you have found an old coin)

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did it again I can't believe it... in less than 60 seconds of turning on the detector BAM 1890 seated liberty dime! I can't believe in 20+ years nothing... then in 2 days I get 2 of them buggers!

I got out and hunted the same stretch of tore up road and sidewalks found ANOTHER seated Liberty Dime! I should of quit there (48 degrees with 40mph winds!) and because for the next 2 hours nothing... but I'm glad I didn't... I started to leave and then I popped out ANOTHER Barber dime this one is an 1907o in awful shape. just like 2 days prior...

the coins that have been coming out of this site are in bad shape because of the chemicals they use in making roads and sidewalks not to mention the chemicals that they used to use before roads, when these coins were lost... that would be called manure and urine (from the horses)

My other find was from yesterday... its a Sinclair oil watch-fob... Sinclair Oil started in 1916 and is still in business today. I thought it might be gold because it came out of the ground pretty much as you see it in this picture... it failed the 10k gold acid test... being it weight out as 1/2 ounce... I'm sad... to bad its not gold! LOL maybe some day I'll find me a golden trinket!

Chukers

oh check out the story from the first set of dimes...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,436234.0.html

Attachments

• Street.JPG
    Street.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 814
  • Street.JPG
    Street.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 811
  • Resized for Frankn.jpg
    Resized for Frankn.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chukers said:
Well I did it again I can't believe it... in less than 60 seconds of turning on the detector BAM 1890 seated liberty dime! I can't believe in 20+ years nothing... then in 2 days I get 2 of them buggers!

Different detector and technology and different location.
Elementary my dear Chukers. :wink:
(And I dont mean tot lots either.)

Nice score!

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats on all that silver.
i can't count the number of times
the first good signal of the day has been amazing,
and then nothing, or at least nothing interesting,
comes the rest of the day.
intuition, educated guesses, research and luck.
who knows...
keep pounding that spot. :headbang:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky socks, underware ? or your robbing a coin dealer

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
Well i am not sure time wise but my first hole 100 feet from the car i dug
a 1730 King George copper a few weeks ago.
It was the only coin we found that day, go figure.

Keep the silver roll going.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im woundering If there Will Be a Day Three ??? I know red Would be Kicking Me in The (( Lower end )) And Saying Have Fun If she Couldnt Be there!!! Chug

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C&R Santa's other elves said:
Im woundering If there Will Be a Day Three ??? I know red Would be Kicking Me in The (( Lower end )) And Saying Have Fun If she Couldnt Be there!!! Chug

Well if there is another it'll be tough to find... come monday they go back to work on it and I bet they have to covered up by the weekend.... we'll see...

OH I found me a new photo shop program... look what it can do... and best of all its free!

Chukers

Attachments

• Finds Nov 2011-2.jpg
    Finds Nov 2011-2.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 830

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds!!!! i lked the othe post also!!! MR TUFF

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Chuckers, Keep the width at 700 pics and it will fit. That 1000 pics got cutoff. The length is not that important. You didn't even mention the pro ! LOL Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Chuckers, Keep the width at 700 pics and it will fit. That 1000 pics got cutoff. The length is not that important. You didn't even mention the pro ! LOL Frank

this is not a Pro thread and no one else says they are too big... don't come in here and start ruffling feathers... instead of complaining about the size of pictures while you are viewing a picture that is "too big" why don't you hold your control key down and scroll your mouse wheel toward you a few clicks... that should fix anything that is too big for your monitor.

Chukers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Chuckers, you always take things the wrong way. I was trying to help you. Your pictures are cut off on the right side. Lighten up! Frank

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first........But thats how it always happens. I was in search for my first barber coin or years..I found bust and seated coins and for a long time no barber.....then BAM!! there is was, and now they keep popping out! WTG

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shot of the modern street juxtaposed against your finds. I often think about the thin veneer of asphault that keeps most commuters mired in the now and what's ahead. During my daily commute through Richmond I kill time by guessing the number of bullets, plates, and countless buried artifacts under my tires. It almost feels disrespectful. Unfortunately jackhammers cost too much and I'm told there's prosecution involved. ;D

As a sidenote, I took Frank's message to be light hearted and well intentioned. He's right about the pic dimensions and the time it takes for you to reduce the pic sizes outweighs the time it takes for us to zoom out. It's a small thing and the quality of your finds should come first, but it's a valid observation. My display is set at the highest: 1280 x 1024, so if I have to reduce zoom level, most people will.

Again, great digs -- and that comes absolutely first. :icon_thumright:

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a hot streak! The coins are wonderful, and that fob is also fantastic even if it's not gold. I love your pic of the site btw (literal pay dirt, right in town where millions of people have walked over!)

Might be some selective memory but it does seem an inordinate amount of my best finds are found either very soon in the session, or very late. My quickest old coin was probably about 8 minutes, so nothing on your 60 seconds!

The pics are too wide for my monitor too btw. No big deal as this happens often but there seems to be a sub-topic at work here. Happy hunting!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Nice finds... love those street digs. LOL 183 and 6 neighbor. ,,,, be there tmrw,,, just kidding.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Nice finds... love those street digs. LOL 183 and 6 neighbor. ,,,, be there tmrw,,, just kidding.

its been hit hard unless they uncover more which they might but I heard they suppose to have in done in a week... we'll see next weekend...

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heepiepow said:
What a hot streak! The coins are wonderful, and that fob is also fantastic even if it's not gold. I love your pic of the site btw (literal pay dirt, right in town where millions of people have walked over!)

Might be some selective memory but it does seem an inordinate amount of my best finds are found either very soon in the session, or very late. My quickest old coin was probably about 8 minutes, so nothing on your 60 seconds!

The pics are too wide for my monitor too btw. No big deal as this happens often but there seems to be a sub-topic at work here. Happy hunting!

I did re-size the finds... they were a bit big for the average user... I run in a very high resolution so I don't notice. I'll keep it in mind for the next ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread