Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy TNet, its been a while since I posted. I apologize.
So far I've been having a very good season. But last few weeks the heat wave hit and I've been staying away. That's until yesterday. I was going to do some solo morning detecting, but decided to check in on EastCoastHunter (good old Charlie). Right away, by his voice, I could tell he was also going through detecting withdrawals. After few minutes of pep talk I turned my car around and started driving in his direction.

We got into a section of woods that I am sure was detected many times over, but we never walked that way. The summer bramble is in its fullness, dense, full of spider webs and flying insects attacking u from every direction.

The ground was quiet besides the occasional shotgun shell. Then I got what almost would seem like a penny (small copper) sound on my deus. I dig about 3" and see the silver goodness.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685176.994608.jpg

Smaller than a dime I had a good idea what it was.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685295.085581.jpg

A long walk, and many shotgun shell later. The ground seemed to have changed, there was a thick patch of bramble and dirt under the feet looked different. As I dug one of the two skeleton keys I thought "home site"?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685624.739069.jpg

I calls for Charlie and we began to work the immediate area. There was definitely some activity, I found few Indians and Charlie got a large crowned coin (trying to id it)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685795.687475.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685837.949993.jpg

As I'm working around what I believe is an old home site I get a quick but definite sweet tone in my earphones. I work the deus down the target, nice clean tone and smooth finish ...I think to myself "oh it's a coin, perhaps silver"! I dig down and pops out a silver quarter! I move some of the dirt, recognize what it is and drop it, calling for Charlie.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686162.842090.jpg

It's one of those wish it and get it moments because an hour earlier we were talking about how seated Quarters are so elusive, and how sweet it would be to dig one up!

And there she is clean and prestige, probably the nicest condition quarter I've ever found:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686483.307367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686519.975133.jpg
These are after a warm water and gentle soap wash

What a good day to be out there! Hopefully the heat won't keep us down too long. Thanks for looking and HH.

Upvote 51
OP
OP
Bartek

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great hunt you guys had congrats on the double seated coins veryyyyyyyyyyyy nice!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the silver! Nothing like pulling out a double on a single hunt and having such a crispness to it as a bonus, a day to remember of sure. Did you ID the copper yet, a Farthing?

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds friend! Gotta love seeing those silvers glimmering out of the dirt. I have been detecting fit about 17 years and I have only found 1 half dime. 1857. I can still remember it like it was yesterday :). Congrats.

OP
OP
Bartek

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver! Nothing like pulling out a double on a single hunt and having such a crispness to it as a bonus, a day to remember of sure. Did you ID the copper yet, a Farthing?

Thanks for looking, that copper coin (EastcoastHunter's find) was identified as a 18th century French Sol under "what is it section".

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a hunt and to pull two seated's, Awesome day!!
That quarter is definitely one sharp coin. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread