Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy TNet, its been a while since I posted. I apologize.
So far I've been having a very good season. But last few weeks the heat wave hit and I've been staying away. That's until yesterday. I was going to do some solo morning detecting, but decided to check in on EastCoastHunter (good old Charlie). Right away, by his voice, I could tell he was also going through detecting withdrawals. After few minutes of pep talk I turned my car around and started driving in his direction.

We got into a section of woods that I am sure was detected many times over, but we never walked that way. The summer bramble is in its fullness, dense, full of spider webs and flying insects attacking u from every direction.

The ground was quiet besides the occasional shotgun shell. Then I got what almost would seem like a penny (small copper) sound on my deus. I dig about 3" and see the silver goodness.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685176.994608.jpg

Smaller than a dime I had a good idea what it was.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685295.085581.jpg

A long walk, and many shotgun shell later. The ground seemed to have changed, there was a thick patch of bramble and dirt under the feet looked different. As I dug one of the two skeleton keys I thought "home site"?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685624.739069.jpg

I calls for Charlie and we began to work the immediate area. There was definitely some activity, I found few Indians and Charlie got a large crowned coin (trying to id it)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685795.687475.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499685837.949993.jpg

As I'm working around what I believe is an old home site I get a quick but definite sweet tone in my earphones. I work the deus down the target, nice clean tone and smooth finish ...I think to myself "oh it's a coin, perhaps silver"! I dig down and pops out a silver quarter! I move some of the dirt, recognize what it is and drop it, calling for Charlie.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686162.842090.jpg

It's one of those wish it and get it moments because an hour earlier we were talking about how seated Quarters are so elusive, and how sweet it would be to dig one up!

And there she is clean and prestige, probably the nicest condition quarter I've ever found:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686483.307367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499686519.975133.jpg
These are after a warm water and gentle soap wash

What a good day to be out there! Hopefully the heat won't keep us down too long. Thanks for looking and HH.

Upvote 51

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wife has me anchored on weekends as you're aware. But next weekend I'll try and cut the chain. I'll shoot you a Basstards text.

Heck, I thought you were promoted to Captain Scrappy. Guess She has the rank of Admiral. :tongue3: Hope to hear you got back out detecting soon.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck, I thought you were promoted to Captain Scrappy. Guess She has the rank of Admiral. :tongue3: Hope to hear you got back out detecting soon.

Hahaha! On my ship we call her the "5-Star Admiral Brigadier General". No joking. My crew is scared of her

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn man that coin is incredible!!!! I have an early real that is super crisp and a farthing. But coins that crisp are so hard to dig. They have to barely circulate and go into good ground and not get banged up by a plow or anything else for well over a century. Congrats on that stunner

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing Finds!! That quarter is in excellent condition!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those hunts where you think you've entered the Twilight Zone. I reckon that Seated Quarter is worthy of grading & slabbing. Great hunt and scores on two seated silvers. Indians, and cool relics as an entrée. SWEET!:headbang:

OP
OP
Bartek

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those hunts where you think you've entered the Twilight Zone. I reckon that Seated Quarter is worthy of grading & slabbing. Great hunt and scores on two seated silvers. Indians, and cool relics as an entrée. SWEET!:headbang:

I never send out any of my finds to get graded, should go through the process one of these days! Thanks for the suggestion.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never send out any of my finds to get graded, should go through the process one of these days! Thanks for the suggestion.

I have never sent out a coin for grading either. Mainly because I have never found one "worthy" of it I reckon. I do have one coin that I did consider for grading. My only Seated Quarter which when recovered was completely encrusted in black crud. I committed the "cardinal sin" and scrubbed the heck out of it to get it to this point and have never done another thing with it. The detail is pretty amazing with a bit of the black crud still remaining. I reckon I have done damage through the cleaning process but, what good is a silver coin totally encrusted in black crud? Sorry, not trying to send your wonderful find post sideways. Just thought I'd share my experience if it helps someone else. Even myself.

003.jpg 004.jpg

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an amazing bunch of finds- that Seated quarter is unbelievable- like new- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the seated coins, Beautiful coin.. sit down! WTG.. Congrats all day! :occasion14: drink em both...

OP
OP
Bartek

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the seated coins, Beautiful coin.. sit down! WTG.. Congrats all day! :occasion14: drink em both...

I'm celebrating all week, now it's time to get back out there and rescue more coins!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes your old American coins are beauty's to behold.
Congrats

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins and a great posts. Congrats on getting Liberty Seated X 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread