Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hope every one is fine. I worked away from home again and managed to have a couple of nice hunts in the afternoon after work before going to the guest house. I hunted with my AT Pro again. During the hunt i managed to find a couple of copper pennies and 2 silver coins. The first silver coin i found is a 1942 6d and the second silver coin is a 1934 1 shilling. Another interesting find is one part of a small lead buckle. I also found 2 old buttons, a 1961 medal and some other bits and pieces of copper and brass. I have hunted the field a number of times now and finds are getting harder to come by. I have already scouted another field that i will start hunting next month. On that hunt i might take my Equinox 800. I dont know the machine that well yet so it will be a good learning experience for me.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

AT PRO resting after a long hunt

Last edited:
Upvote 23

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome day. I'm sure the Pro needs a nap.:icon_thumright:

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! The coins still have some really nice detail! Congrats!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch off saves Brendan. I like the patina on the buttons and coins. Those coins come out looking pretty good after being in the ground so long. Congrats on all the finds. Don’t forget to set the alarm clock for At. Lol.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the post and the pics. The relics are choice but produce a troubling question. First of all I assume you're located in Pretoria South Africa?

Some of the relics are indicative of service in the Confederate army of America. # 17 shows a fortification design that was perfected during the early 19th century by the French. It was the backbone of the confederate strategic approach to blocking major thoroughfares against northern progress. In fact nearby my home are three examples of this type of fortification, even one which is known as "star fort".

The medal would seem to immortalize these fortifications of and with respect to the various phases of the battles of Winchester. Va. The date 1961 potentially qualifies this as a memorial medal sold to commemorate the commencement of the first wave of civil war reenactments in the US, in the centennial year of 1961.

The wreath buckle if genuine, presents another problem unless the British or other colonial powers used a tongue and wreath design in their colonial oppression of South Africa. The US Army coat button could have been left in any part of the world by any generation of US servicemen but not likely in S Africa because our military efforts, in WW2 were aimed at N Africa in hopes of creating a bridgehead for the invasion of Southern Europe.
You might want to further elaborate on your previous post because right now it looks pretty questionable.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I love the post and the pics. The relics are choice but produce a troubling question. First of all I assume you're located in Pretoria South Africa?

Some of the relics are indicative of service in the Confederate army of America. # 17 shows a fortification design that was perfected during the early 19th century by the French. It was the backbone of the confederate strategic approach to blocking major thoroughfares against northern progress. In fact nearby my home are three examples of this type of fortification, even one which is known as "star fort".

The medal would seem to immortalize these fortifications of and with respect to the various phases of the battles of Winchester. Va. The date 1961 potentially qualifies this as a memorial medal sold to commemorate the commencement of the first wave of civil war reenactments in the US, in the centennial year of 1961.

The wreath buckle if genuine, presents another problem unless the British or other colonial powers used a tongue and wreath design in their colonial oppression of South Africa. The US Army coat button could have been left in any part of the world by any generation of US servicemen but not likely in S Africa because our military efforts, in WW2 were aimed at N Africa in hopes of creating a bridgehead for the invasion of Southern Europe.
You might want to further elaborate on your previous post because right now it looks pretty questionable.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/63507-real-fake.html

OP
OP
Brendan75

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi, the way i understand your post is that you think i might be posting fake finds. If that is the case its like a stab in the back for me. I did not join the forum to post fake finds. i dont post finds often as i dont always find good finds when i hunt. But when i do find something good i like to share it. As for the 1961 medal; its actually a medal that was issued in 1961 when South Africa became a Republic. (You can look it up on the net if you like) I have found many of those medals, its also a common find for me. As for the buttons, i have found a number of them in my 4 years of hunting. I dont know how they ended up where i find them but we also had wars 1899-1902. I have also found a number of foreign coins from across the world here in South Africa. The Same with the belt buckles, i have found a number of British brass buckles none of them complete in the fields i hunt and also dont know how they ended up in the ground. I try to take photos of finds as they come out the ground so that nobody can doubt my finds but looks like it did not work. I think this will be my last post and visit on this forum. i have never posted a fake find of any kind.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice set of finds. Thanks for sharing!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I highly recommend you read our rules before you reply to another members finds post. REAL OR FAKE? You are attacking a members post which violates our rules, if you have proof something is fake produce your evidence to a mod, otherwise post by our rules.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot believe this.
Washingtonian was directing his post to Reanm8er​
who was violating our rules on questioning a members find in open forum, the
real or fake
is hot link to the rules. Washingtonian was in fact supporting you.

Last edited:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at all! I was simply curious in what area of the world could you find this kind of diversity in one dig? I had no intent to offend or question your veracity. My apologies.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I cannot believe this.

Hey Brendan, I've never had any reason to doubt your finds. They look great to me. Was just making sure the guy that was knew that isn't how we roll here at TNet. Hope there wasn't any confusion and good luck on your next hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions