2 Silver finds because of work.

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
Long story short, if you don't want to watch the videos, I had to goto work on Saturday to wait for a FedEx truck. While I was waiting, I detected the grass area on the buildings property. There used to be 3 small play areas on the property from way back in the day. I have found silver here before. But there are nails every 6 inches or so. No exaggeration. I even used the Eclipse coil here, to try to get between the nails but no luck. So today, I told myself I will dig every single sound/ half sound/ everything. I am glad I did. The last pic is of all the nails. The pic to the right of the merc I dug, is of a nail that was in the hole with it. It came up as -22 but solid beeps. It is super tarnished. Enjoy!

Find 1

Find 2

Ring
1.jpg

1937? Merc and Nail
2.jpg

No date Standing Liberty "D" mintmark
3.jpg

Treasure of the day
4.jpg

Fronts
5.jpg

Backs
6.jpg

And the nails...
7.jpg

Edit: FedEx did arrive, but we missed him/her by 20 minutes. Story of what happened in a reply 2 posts below.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 457
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 451
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 454
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 448
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice vids, I really enjoyed them...but you never said if the package ever arrived LOL. Ring is always exciting but the silver really gets the heart fluttering. Nails...sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do. Get out the bad stuff so mother earth will give you the good stuff. Happy hunting. :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!

It's great to dig keepers out of those high trash sites. Your patience paid off.
Mike

OP
OP
snowyettie

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
Charlene said:
Nice vids, I really enjoyed them...but you never said if the package ever arrived LOL. Ring is always exciting but the silver really gets the heart fluttering. Nails...sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do. Get out the bad stuff so mother earth will give you the good stuff. Happy hunting. :thumbsup:

Sorry! We (my boss and I) missed the package by 20 minutes. When I saw that, I went back to check and it was gone! So I had to call FedEx and I guess the driver knew he shouldn't have left the package there so he went back and picked it back up. But none of this is FedEx's fault. Im actually glad he did that. That package would have been gone by monday. (Its a high traffic area where people cut through our property to get to the train station.

I should also mention I had a can of monster energy drink thrown at me from a car as well. Missed me by about 6 feet.

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Very nice I wish i could say i found 2 silvers because of work..lol :thumbsup:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice Qtr :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread