2 Silvers, Soaked, Dead Detector Due to Water, Indian, Fun Time (Mostly)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Went out detecting with Dave59 and Skunemonk...a light drizzle when we started, but a downpour later on for most of the day. I took them out to one of my old sites that has produced silver, colonials, etc...I had a few good finds...the best of which was a first. Two different kinds of silver dimes in the same hole. Got a good silver signal and found a 1920 Merc, then rescanned the soil to find a 1911 Barber dime. That was best dig of the day. I also found a few wheaties and an Indian (not sure of date, but I can see it's 18__). It was good getting out with Dave (first time) and Skunnemonk (Jeff) second time. We got hammered with rain, but hung in there most of the day, until my detector died due to water. It's drying now and hopefully works for tomorrow...it's only a Radio Shack, bounty hunter if worst case it craps out. Hold on...it's been drying a few hours, will try it now...drum roll...ok, back in business. Ready to find more silver tomorrow. I will post photos when I can. Thanks again to Dave and Skunemonk. Bergie

Upvote 0
Bergie,
Congrats on the silver. A Barber & Merc in the same hole had to of been exciting. Was the IH an 1877? ;)
-MM-

Nice going...Congrats on the Silver. At least you didn't lose your Metal Detector in the process..HH

I would love to say ATA-BOY on the first, but I also feel compelled to say "PICTURES"......C'MON.....your killin' me!!!! Good job and well done, now get the pics posted!! 8)

Whew! Glad that detector is working for ya! ;) Awesome on the dimes! 8) And great to have hunting buddies too. :)

Good luck tomorrow!! Nana :)

Glad the detector survived and congrats on the double silver! HH, Mike

Congrats on the silver Bergie, WTG!!!
Also, if ya haven't see my post,, (where ever it may be), about these salad bowl covers I use for rain guards, you might want to check 'em out:

http://www.mileskimball.com/mileski...FBC&SiteNum=0&SourceCode=10658000002&Affid=12

They work great, easy to store in one of your pouches, and they last quite awhile before getting too dingy to see through, or ripping...
The ones on that page are sold in sets,,, What I've got is simply a few different sizes that are big enough to fit over the detector..
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Got caught in a downpour with my XLT a few years ago and thought it was a goner. A night in a room with a dehumidifier on high did the trick and it was good to go the next day.

HH

- joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back