rocky99

Greenie
Dec 31, 2016
Social Circle Georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have your normal large mica flakes in my creek. I am getting small flakes Mostly from -30 to -100. I cannot get them out of the pan when panning, no expert here but they just don't seem to want to move. So today I got a banjo pan in and put some of my "ore" in it. It caught the same fine flakes. It's going to be at least another week before my gold cube is up and running, but looks good to me so far. What y'all think?

Upvote 0

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have a lustrous yellow glow in various levels of light? Are these flakes hanging with the black sands? Can you bend them easily?

My gut here says no... but no way of knowing with more description / pictures.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No pict. No gold. Sorry. You say you have mica. But small stuff seems like gold. It should be clearly gold. Anything over 100 mesh should look like gold.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using city water to pan? Do they ozonate it?

I've seen gold pick up microbubbles in city water enough to get it neutraly buoyant and not float it. It will dance around like a mica flake in the pan. Jet Dry won't stop it either. Try picking them up with an eye dropper and lay them back down on the bottom of the pan. If it stays put after that...it's gold! The eye dropper recompresses the microbubbles and washes them off the gold. It's gold with a case of the bends!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
magic-8-ball.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread