2 week silver slump.....Is Over!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I went back to a spot today that I tried last week. Researching the area, it seems it was a popular picnic grounds from around the turn of the century to WW2. Located on the Fox River, people would drive from as far away as Chicago to enjoy the woods and water. Well, last weeks hunt was a bust and I even called Brett then to let him know to not even bother driving there to hunt. On Sunday, we stopped by there after hunting with Lowbatts so Brett could check the place out. I didn't even gear up as I was beat and knew there wasn't a signal to be found. Well that's what I thought anyways... Brett went over to an area that I hadn't tried in my previous hunt and soon pulled a couple older wheats. Well by then it was getting dark and I was already in deep doo doo with the wife for being so late. The return hunt would have to wait until today. So I started out in that same area and immediately began digging old wheats. A 29, a 18 a 13,,, oh yeah this is looking good! Then out pops a Merc from 2",, oh yeah , this place is looking reallllly good! Ended up with 8 wheats, 13, 18, 18, 29, 35, 40, 45, 46--a 35 Merc, 2-54 Roosies from one hole (by then Brett had left work and met up to hunt ;D ) and my first Cracker Jack prize ( I think)
Whats nice about this area is the lack of any clad of trash. Never even dug a Mem. cent yet. Brett had a great day as well as you'll see in his post.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• johnsnew 149.jpg
    johnsnew 149.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 160
  • johnsnew 151.jpg
    johnsnew 151.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 165
  • johnsnew 152.jpg
    johnsnew 152.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 152

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
What a nice way to end a slump! Three silvers, two Rosies, a Cracker Jack prize, and a bunch of wheats!!

WTG!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll bey you guys spend more time there... :wink:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Good thing you LET me dig those wheaties on Sunday :) I dug one and he was like, WHAT? WHEATIE?? OK STOP DIGGIN! Then I dug another on the way back to the car and he was like HEY CUT IT OUT!! I was just breezin' through too.

Congrats on your 3rd 3 silver day! I was really hopin' you could have got a 4 silver day but it wasn't meant to be. By the time you had 3 silver and 7 wheaties, I think I had only dug 2 wheaties... I stayed for a little while after you left and quickly caught up to you... sort of. See my post ;)

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a way to end a silver drought. Nice hunt.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Way to get out of the slump!
Looks like you guys have found a great spot to spend some time.
Mike

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job bud!!! :icon_pirat:
But 2 weeks is nothing for a silver drought, last year I went 71 days with no silver and that was hunting 3 to 5 times a week. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread