🥇 BANNER 20 MUSKET BALLS..... 2 VERY AWESOME BUTTONS !!!!!!!! BEST YET!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a early hunt today.

Lotsa musket balls once again.

But the highlite of this hunt is my buttons !!!

Found the button with RP and CROWN on it early in my hunt ..but didn,t see anything on it until I got home and cleand it up...boy was i surprised.

Found the 75 button at the end of my hunt.... I have seen another one just like it on here somewhere but can,t find it.

I,m assuming they are from the 1700s... |?????????????

Any information on thes buttons would be appreciated.

2014-02-01 10.51.26.jpg 2014-02-01 10.51.51.jpg 2014-02-01 10.52.58.jpg 2014-02-01 10.54.03.jpg 2014-02-01 10.59.52.jpg

Upvote 38

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey IP, I asked the ranger there and only one small section is protected. At least that's what I was told. But these are the same rangers that told me conflicting boundaries for the actual park area. So I appreciate the heads up and I will def try to find out for sure what's ok and what's not!

A fine would be bad, but losing a detector on top of that much worse.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fine would be bad, but losing a detector on top of that much worse.
that, my friend would be devestating. Glad you brought this subject up. I would hate to get in trouble because I listened to the wrong person.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect. For years I have complained not enough HISTORY was being saved. Yes... relics are saved here but with posts like this one history is saved too. Good job and just think this guy's detecting spot wasn't compromised either.

These pieces of history are definitely being saved and nothing will ever happen to them... unless the house burns down...they are now safe for a long time.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that, my friend would be devestating. Glad you brought this subject up. I would hate to get in trouble because I listened to the wrong person.

Is the same here also....most sand marsh dunes are protected and off limits...especially in parks.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If IP and CRU say these buttons are banner worthy then you can bet your bottom dallar that they are excatly that. Vote has gone in. Well done Aqua and good luck.
ZDD

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet buttons

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If IP and CRU say these buttons are banner worthy then you can bet your bottom dallar that they are excatly that. Vote has gone in. Well done Aqua and good luck.
ZDD

TY ZDD

Appreciate the BANNER vote !!! Is an honor to have long time members like yourselves cast that vote .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Royal Provincials button :thumbsup:

Cool Finds

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my best 4, and that's out of about 40! So I'm good at finding them, just not good at finding them in great condition... but I'm very content with what I do have.

2i2afpx.jpg

15x79cj.jpg

2cfrs48.jpg

2zfqwsy.jpg

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them revolutionary regiment buttons are really hard to find around these parts.At least for me anyway,still haven't found one.awesome buttons Aqua.I know they are very sought after.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my best 4, and that's out of about 40! So I'm good at finding them, just not good at finding them in great condition... but I'm very content with what I do have.

IRON P... i wuld be happy with them also...thats a lot -- 40

Hard to imagine being able to find that many !!!!

Also I see that i,m very fortunate to have the one I got......they don,t stand up well on land.

I,ve worked around saltwater all my life ...27 years...and the only thing I ever see saltwater do is destroy everything it touches through corrosion.

Seems so odd to me that these buttons are actually preserved by the saltwater.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IRON P... i wuld be happy with them also...thats a lot -- 40

Hard to imagine being able to find that many !!!!

Also I see that i,m very fortunate to have the one I got......they don,t stand up well on land.

I,ve worked around saltwater all my life ...27 years...and the only thing I ever see saltwater do is destroy everything it touches through corrosion.

Seems so odd to me that these buttons are actually preserved by the saltwater.

I had many good sites with lots of buttons, and one in particular I dug at least 10 RPs. So when that happens they add up pretty quick. I have no idea if it is 40, it's just a guess, but I have found quite a few. An old friend of mine has dug about 100 of them.

Your buttons might have spent most of their years on land and only recently went to the shore. They can stay pretty nice on land where there's no fertilizer or plow... and the deeper the better. If there's erosion where you're hunting it's most likely they got washed out of the bank.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had many good sites with lots of buttons, and one in particular I dug at least 10 RPs. So when that happens they add up pretty quick. I have no idea if it is 40, it's just a guess, but I have found quite a few. An old friend of mine has dug about 100 of them.

Your buttons might have spent most of their years on land and only recently went to the shore. They can stay pretty nice on land where there's no fertilizer or plow... and the deeper the better. If there's erosion where you're hunting it's most likely they got washed out of the bank.

Most likely they got there from erosion...from talking with the older folks they say the bank extended out about 50 feet farther originally than it does today.
Was at a site where there was a old mill....you can see the pile of scraps and boards ...but they are about 3-4 feet down sticking outta the bank...only visible because of erosion....makes ya wonder what is down there that we cannot reach with our detectors.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so AQUA ...

Can you get a nice clear Square pick with both Buttons in it ?
You earned a Banner, but the votes are probably 50/50 on each one :laughing7:

no I cannot give you 2 Banner spots :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so AQUA ...

Can you get a nice clear Square pick with both Buttons in it ?
You earned a Banner, but the votes are probably 50/50 on each one :laughing7:

no I cannot give you 2 Banners :tongue3:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ...sure ...will do it up very shortly !!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting