200 Silver!!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I'll let the pictures do the talking today, but the new SE Pro coil continued it's consecutive hunt silver streak (9 for 9), helping me find my final 3 silvers to get to 200 before my Birthday this weekend. My hands are callused, my right arm is bigger than my left, I have a Farmer John tan, but I'm still smilin' !! ;D

Enjoy, and Happy Hunting!!
Keep The Passion High!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Mercs are ahead of the Rosies so far this year...93 to 79.

Attachments

• IMG_2880_sm.jpg
    IMG_2880_sm.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,126
  • IMG_2881_sm.jpg
    IMG_2881_sm.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 2,111
  • IMG_2882_sm.jpg
    IMG_2882_sm.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,103
  • IMG_2885_sm.jpg
    IMG_2885_sm.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,090
  • IMG_2886_sm.jpg
    IMG_2886_sm.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,081
Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Congrats Dan! :icon_cheers:

I picked up a 6" Excelerator coil and it may be a coil that would interest you for some of the park hunts.... Yesterday I had the 6" on the Se and went on a path I had previously hit with the dfx and Se... The Excelerator which can run very hot...had sens at 28...picked up a 20 and 47-d wheatie that both detectors had missed.... were 7-9 inches deep.... Great little coil...

Keep up the good work and hopefully the rest of the year goes well.... :)

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you possibly scan a larger view, so I can sniff my monitor's screen? I swear, if I don't get to get out and detect soon, or find anything even remotely as nice as that, you may hear about me on the news. And not in a good way. More like the "He was always a quiet neighbor, always paid his rent on time", interview, the ones with the surviving neighbors. Between car dying, car getting repaired, new job starting, the never ending heat, coupled with not the best streak of finding anything real decent, it's been a long summer. However I do realize that my luck will change, being this is one of the few hobbies/sports/lifestyles, where it always gets better. As long as you use common sense, a positive attitude, and always a bit of luck, you are bond to find something of interest to someone. Like yours.
CurbdiggerCarl

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
i had to put my sunglasses on,thats alot of silver.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, Thanks again Everyone for all the great comments. Some of you ought to have a second job at a comedy shop!! ;D You're very funny!!

Gregg, I saw you picked up a 6" coil. That's great. I have the 8" Sunray, but I tell you what.....with the new SE Pro coil I picked up a month ago, I'm not taking it off anytime soon. I'm on a 13 straight hunt silver streak...the coil is killer...it can separate two close conductors(trash and coins) as well as my 8" can. And it goes deeper than my 8" can. Plus, it's extremely quiet in areas with external noise.

Thanks, again....onto 300!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Awesome batch Capt.

That's 4 times as many silvers as I have right now. But I probably hunt about 1/4 of what you do to. I only get out about 6 hrs a week. Kids and work have got me all tied up. I got just as many indians as silver though to.

Keep up the great work man. You are a silver vacum.

HH Jer

R

RUDY2003

Superb Capt....You gonna' be on "America's Got Tallent" next...

Keep safe...

Keith

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Awesome hunting, SE! And a belated :occasion13:

Nana :)

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Captn_SE said:
Hey, Thanks again Everyone for all the great comments. Some of you ought to have a second job at a comedy shop!! ;D You're very funny!!

Gregg, I saw you picked up a 6" coil. That's great. I have the 8" Sunray, but I tell you what.....with the new SE Pro coil I picked up a month ago, I'm not taking it off anytime soon. I'm on a 13 straight hunt silver streak...the coil is killer...it can separate two close conductors(trash and coins) as well as my 8" can. And it goes deeper than my 8" can. Plus, it's extremely quiet in areas with external noise.

Thanks, again....onto 300!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan I am done buying any more coils for now... All of a sudden... I turn around and I have 3 detectors...coils...extra rods.... and the about everything I need... Oh maybe next year the inline probe... Do not think they will allow a shovel for the Se in the parks I hunt...but sometimes the Lesche has fallen inside the hole! I am ahead of last year in everything except gold.... Since I put the Excelerator on it is hitting wheaties every time out....

Best of luck on the run to 300...than 400... I am chasing my clad total of last year ($751) and I have a good shot at it...cleared $400 earlier this week. Silver I already have more than last year and the wheaties are rolling in.... Dan I am still learning the Se and I have made the switch from the digital to the smart find screen... Also running deep after running/learning fast for several months... I ran manual sens... now I am trying semi auto... Learning the beast one step at a time... You were right about the increased depth and I can see that gives the Se an edge... If I could just figure out gold... It should be coming though...I am picking up more and more nickels...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions